Form with Listbox / controls flickers, when I have timer on another Form (1 Viewer)

Ihk

Local time
Today, 16:42
I have listbox on a form, and on "After update event" it populates some of fields of sub form.
In macros
Object type: empty
Object name: empty
Record: First
Where Condition : ="[ID_Field1] = " & Str(Nz([Screen].[ActiveControl],0))

Purpose is populate the selected record in subform. But this listbox keeps flickering with an interval whether I click or not. Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:42
Would you, by any chance, have any Timers running on the same form?

Ihk

Local time
Would you, by any chance, have any Timers running on the same form?
No timers on that form, I also have another listbox on the same form which does not flicker

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:42
No timers on that form, I also have another listbox on the same form which does not flicker
Are you able to post a sample file to demonstrate the problem?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 15:42
So compare properties between each, if no code involved?

Ihk

Local time
So compare properties between each, if no code involved?
I checked properties of both, there is no difference except above code. I deactivated above macro, then click (selection of specific record) it was stable, there was to shake/jerk but overall after interval it flickers.

Ihk

Local time
Are you able to post a sample file to demonstrate the problem?
Seems difficult, I have data inside, and other structures. If I could not resolve it, I will try to make a sample db and will get back here. thank you

Ihk

Local time
Mean while I was trying to figure our this flickering problem.
1) deleted listbox, and noticed still there was flickering. Sorry it looks like whole form has problem.
2) I deleted all codes (in copy of form), still it was flickering.
I can not create another form, already I spent a lot of time on this form (2 list boxes, 1 subform + other data).

Now to me it looks like there is something I am missing in properties. I have attached, if some one has time to figure out. It most often flickers within 1st minute after loading. thank you very much.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 2.png
    2.png
    14 KB · Views: 177
  • 3.png
    3.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 177

Ihk

Local time
Add on to above:
1) Database is not yet splitted, it is single file.
2) As I started more focussing on this issue, Flickering is frequent after form loading (within one minute).
thanks

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:42
Controls don't flicker by themselves. You have code running (perhaps in the timer event) that is causing the flicker.

Ihk

Local time
I found the error but could not rectify it.
I have timer on login form, which is meant for closing the application after some interval of inactivity. This form is running in background as hidden after logging in.
I removed timer from this Form and in return the other Form mentioned above stopped flickering. But I want to have timer, how to resolve this for another Form which does not have any timer? Thanks

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 11:42
How about showing more details on how your login form checks for inactivity or making a sample db with just the affected forms in it. It sounds like you getting close to figuring it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom