Form won't allow additions!!! (1 Viewer)

KirstenII

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:04
I did a dumb thing yesterday.

While I was tidying up my extraneous "experiemental" queries and forms, I actually deleted a select query that I had based a necessary form on. The form obviously doesn't run without the query. I redid the query this morning and everything seems fine...except for the fact that my form no longer allows additional new records. The form property settings are as follows:
AllowAdditions-True
AllowDeletions-True
AllowEdits-True
AllowFilters-True
Date Entry-False

I don't know if my deleting my original query caused this problem but I don't think I've changed anything else. This is a very desperate situation for me so I welcome any suggestions or ideas!

RpbertS

Registered User.
Local time
1)make sure the query you redid is the same name
2)check to see if the data source of that form is the right query
3) you may have to go into the record source of the form, then delete the query from there then re add the query.

hope that helps

KirstenII

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks so much for the quick response, RpBertS. It's nice to know there's someone out there...

I'm sure I have the correct query name and data source as it does do exactly what the previous query did. I just tried deleting the query from the form's record source and re-entering it, but that didn't make a difference. Any other ideas?

MarionD

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Kirsten,
If you have any relationships between tables set up in the query, check these.
Sometimes they stop data from being "Updateable" if there's something not OK. Check the Primary keys of the tables being connected. Try adding Data into the query itself. If you can't do it in the query you won't be able to do it in a form based on the query. Maybe you have left out 1 relationship that you had in the original query?

Marion

[This message has been edited by MarionD (edited 04-27-2001).]

RpbertS

Registered User.
Local time
hmm...I had this problem once before and the steps you've done solved it. Im not sure what other advice to give. I'll be heading home in about an hour..if you want you can send a sample dbase to my personal email acccount and I can see if I can get it to work.

Ill try to think of soemthing as well..

email:fdarouian@yahoo.com

KirstenII

Registered User.
Local time
You guys have been v.nice to me. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Marion, I've been trying some of your ideas, and you're right, I can't update the query. I also can't figure out how to adjust for that. The relationships seem okay, but that's my real weak point, so who knows? I've got three elements that make up my primary key...could that possibly be the culprit?

RpBertS, trying to set up a sample database comparable to this one would kill me!!!
Maybe I could try and pick out the components that are relevant to this problem and send those to you....???

R

Rich

Open the query on it's own and try entering data directly into it,make sure unique records/values is set to no.
HTH

KirstenII

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Rich...
That's a very good logical suggestion but I did try that...no luck. Unique records property has always been set to true and still is...this is causing stress.

I'm going for a good strong drink soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom