Form won't clear (1 Viewer)

Emmanuel

Master Tech
Local time
Today, 09:55
Hi, I created a couple of forms that read info from two tables and the problem that I have now is that when I open the forms I get the main field clean which is the one the user has to data entry in order to pull the info on all the other fields on the form but all the other field are prepopulated with the first record on the table. I consider this a risk because if they change the first account and then enter a second one and hit enter they will change all the info into the second account number with the first one address, phone and all that.

Now is there a way to tell access that when this form is opened or when the info is updated on this form to clear all the fields not only the account number? Therefore the user inputs the account number and it pulls all info then they change the fileds they need to and hit enter the fields clear and they can start again.

Thanks in advance,

Emmanuel

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:55
Emmanuel,

It sounds like your two forms are not properly linked. Are you using the
Master-Child links that Access provides?

Where do your forms get their data from? Directly from tables or through
a query?

Need more info (or a sample),
Wayne

Emmanuel

Master Tech
Local time
Today, 09:55
Both forms are getting the info from a table and they also update a couple of fields on that table. I don't think I know what your talking about when you ask me about child properties. Can you provide more info.

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom