Formatting text for Access Reports AND Web Pages (1 Viewer)

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:39
These days more and more of my databases are wanting to be accessed via the web as well as from MS Acess. I guess this is the norm these days but in most of our (office) dbs it's just 'web for web's sake' and there is no real need to access it outside of Ms Access.

Bu hey that's what they want...

Problem with one such db is that a lot of the fields are memo fields and hold a LOT of text and they want to create MS Access reports/PDFs as well as have nicely formatted html for the text on the web pages.

I seem to be able to cater for one or the other but not both.

1. I can leave the memo fields as raw text and the reports/PDFs look fine with the report formatting, but on the web page there is no formatting and the text ends up in one block paragraph with no formatting.

2. Use a html control for the hmemo fields and store all the html tags within it. The web page looks nicely formatted but the html tags will show up in the PDFs!

I've tried various tag stripping tools but they seem to give unpredictable results.

I also don't want to just dump the PDFs on the web, as they will be static and it's just plain lazy!
(too many unnecessary PDFs on the web IMO)

Is there any way i can cater for both formats?

Many Thanks

Happy YN

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:39
Hi
Is there any way you could briefly explain a bit more about using html reports from within access?
I want to replace tags using a record in the db into a predefined html webpage using code and then preview/print it
do you have any method for this?
I would appreciate your reply
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom