Former Climate Change Alarmist Reveals Corruption Within the Scientific Community (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:46
I'm half way through a great video explaining what was going on behind the scenes in order to further the "climate change is real" narrative (Edit: due to human causes). She talks about the incentives through fame and money, amongst other things. Very credible testimony. Let me know what you think of some of her comments: true or false?

Last edited:

ebs17

Local time
Today, 08:46
the "climate change is real" narrative
I don't need smart people to tell me something. I experience climate change right on my doorstep, for example in my garden where I grow vegetables. Yes, I am someone who harvests sun-ripened strawberries and tomatoes on the bush and not just from canned foods.
Anyone who goes out into nature and opens their eyes will, must and will notice changes.

At home, we used to think about whether we would have enough snow to go skiing at Christmas. For about 15 years I've been counting how many times I've had to shovel snow in a winter, and the fingers on one hand are enough to count.
We don't even want to talk about the lack of water (=> drought summers of 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022), about drying lakes even in Germany and France, etc. Anyone who doesn't notice something like this is blind or already dead.

I don't need fools who want to explain to me that I'm just dreaming about the long periods of record temperatures (daytime maximum temperatures of 30 ... 40 degrees Celsius over three or four weeks), which didn't exist before.
When I was young we went to the river and pond and played ice hockey. In recent winters, ice hasn't even been seen on these waters.

Guys, step out of your air-conditioned studio and into the real world and real nature.

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
England and Wales have just had the hottest temperatures in September since records began.
We had the a really wet March : The overall UK rainfall total was 155% of average, making it provisionally the sixth wettest March in a series back to 1836

Loads of real world UK data from here: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/climate/maps-and-data/summaries/index

The climate is definitely changing.

Non-factual observation from the Head Greenkeeper at my local golf club.
"15 years ago we used to oil up the mowers for storage, and put them away in October, and bring them back out at the end of March.
The last 2-3 years we have had to keep them operational all winter due to the amount of growth."

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
When I say "climate change is real" narrative, I am specifically referring to the view that it is mostly being caused by humans. Both sides of the debate say climate is changing: one side says recent events are caused by humans, the other by natural variations.

I think you will find the video is not about if climate is changing, but instead how corruption and incentives push a particular perspective. Note that I am only about 20 minutes into the video so my comments are based on that.

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 02:46
am specifically referring to the view that it is mostly being caused by humans.
Exactly. It is THAT point that most people overlook. Of COURSE it changes - it has been changing since the earth came into existence. Very egotistical (IMHO) to think we can alter it.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm fairly convinced that we haven't helped, based on the rate of change that we can observe, compared to the rates of change we have been able to extract from historic, geographical and fossil evidence.
But as to how that is presented to the great unwashed, there is a lot of hyperbole involved.

I also think we are definitely not helping with various wildlife extinctions and the decline of certain species, some of which seem to blur the lines with climate change.
Removal of habitat is visible, regardless of the possible climate knock-on effect.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:46
We have to be aware of another problem regarding climate change. Some of this heat comes from the fact that we are exiting (moving out of) an ice age, which is part of a natural long-term cycle. Whether this is enough by itself to account for the changes, it CERTAINLY contributes. How much we contribute is a valid question, but I don't think we can take all the blame either.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Humans posses fanatical cognitive dissonance when it comes to denying the obvious concerning the solution to claimed human caused climate change. To "solve" this claimed concern, only extensive onerous government backed mandates are being proposed to cut the generation of "greenhouse" gases. But consider the obvious, assuming humans cause climate change, the solution should then be birth control. Less people means less "greenhouse" gas generation (in total). Yet, this approach has been basically dismissed.

Humans also get demonically possessed by fads. We can see that with how the media curates information to only amplify "approved" narratives that are based on cherry picked facts. Climate change is one of those current fads as Ms Curry points out. Fortunately, Ms. Curry has recognized that and is now exposing this.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
My personal view is it will all get solved by tech in the not too distant future anyway. We have super-intelligent AI on its way, which will help us invent our way out of trouble.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Guys, step out of your air-conditioned studio and into the real world and real nature.
The Earth's climate has been changing since the planet first had an atmosphere. Only an idiot would argue with that. 11,000 years ago large portions of the northern hemisphere were under sheets of ice. Germany in fact. My home also. That is a nano-second in the life of the planet. What caused the earth to heat up and shed the ice then? Surely you won't blame humans for that? Let's go back to that climate. You can ski every day.

Why does everyone who cries "climate change (formerly referred to as "global warming" and then "global cooling" or was it vice versa? I can never keep it straight)" blame it on me and say I can't use electricity any more because of carbon emissions???? Seems to me that Germany is reverting to coal for heat rather than building nuclear plants or covering their farmlands with solar farms. I sure hope it is "clean" coal and you are not blowing more than your share of CO2 into the atmosphere.

If humans are the proximate cause of climate change today, please explain to me in small words what was responsible for all the other climate changes over time.

Also, you should ask yourself why the "scientists" have to cook the books to advance their theories? Shouldn't the "facts" stand for themselves?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
To me, it seems like the climate change alarmists are the North Korea of science. They want to cancel those who disagree with their narrative and destroy them personally. It is not about debate, but more about a 1984 style oppressive regime that silences both financially and professionally. The skeptics can't get grants, face a barrage of ugly hostility and get driven out of their jobs, especially if in academia. This is bad science. Climate alarmists are holding back scientific progress by mob rule, where dissenting voices are subjected to a witch hunt that only belongs in medieval times.

It is all reminiscent of guilty until proven innocent, a phenomena fuelled by both social media and the #metoo movement.

ebs17

Local time
Today, 08:46
I am specifically referring to the view that it is mostly being caused by humans
When everyone really knows this, it will be too late to take action against it. Sure, the universe doesn't mind that much, people are just a tiny episode in infinity. There were also dinosaurs and a meteorite, and at some point it started all over again. We will not know whether this knowledge will be a consolation for our great-grandchildren.

@Steve R. is right: the biggest disruptor is people. In all of this, Americans and Western Europeans should note that Mexicans, Africans, Indians and all other people are actually entitled to the same standard of living and are therefore allowed to waste resources and energy in the same way as the former. Not “Make America great again,” but “Make the world great.”
Who thinks such a “small” shift wouldn’t have a global impact?

Just keep it up? Anyone who looks at the Earth from space will see that green areas are decreasing and gray areas (human development) are increasing.
The Ice Age is a good example. Since the last ice age, the sea level has risen by 120 meters, the North Sea was still green, fertile land (Doggerland). The world's major cities are close to the sea, and if the sea rises another 10 meters, a lot of them will be under water, including the subway in New York, and not just for a short time because of a little rain.

But we have AI. Let us surprise.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
When everyone really knows this, it will be too late to take action against it.
I see several problems with that statement:

1. It assumes you already know it is true, otherwise no action is required
2. Changes happen incrementally, and if evidence increases, more action can be taken.
3. Everybody doesn't need to know something for action to be taken

Taking action now is like a form of insurance, I get that. But if the insurers are lying about the risks, then their expensive policies might not be worth the premiums.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
A big hole with the climate alarmist position: What is the "correct" temperature for the earth?
So what if the temperature of the earth goes up by X degrees and sea levels rise?

The claim by the climate alarmist is that Armageddon will have arrived. That is an extremely egotistical point of view since it views climate change from the perspective of preserving only the human environment, not the total environmental ecosystem of all plants and animals. Climate change is always happening and whichever way it goes (warmer/colder); can be expected to adversely impact plant/animal life to some extent and that happens all the time. The dinosaurs are no longer with us, as one example. If humans are no longer here because of climate change, Mother Nature will not care.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
When everyone really knows this, it will be too late to take action against it.
Who is the actual "climate denier" here? According to your logic, the climate never changed prior to "westerners" burning oil to improve their standard of living. Because if the climate has flip-flopped thousands of times in the last 4 billion years, what caused it? Certainly it wasn't the burning of fossil fuels in industrial amounts. You have your head so far in the sand, that you can't make a rational argument. It is only fear. Fear without an actual solution that will work. People running around screaming, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling". Greta needs to get a bicycle to cut her carbon footprint. I wonder if riding bicycles would protect us from COVID?

I'm sure you also haven't noticed that CO2 emissions in the US have been steadily dropping while China and India have become major polluters? I'm also unclear about why nuclear power is so evil as an alternative. Maybe because the French use so much of it;) If you really want to save the world, why not push to use EXISTING technology such as nuclear? That would give us centuries to raise our coastal cities or move them inland. The positive effect of "global warming" is that it increases the prime food growing zones around the world and that supports a larger population since you seem to be OK with that also.

One of the things I try to imprint on my students is that consistency is your friend. If humans burning fossil fuels is the proximate cause of "climate change", then what caused climate change before humans? Why would population control be off the table? Oh, right. They did try that in China and look where it got them. A generation with no "worthless" women. At least they have that:poop:

jpl458

Local time
Yesterday, 23:46
I'm half way through a great video explaining what was going on behind the scenes in order to further the "climate change is real" narrative (Edit: due to human causes). She talks about the incentives through fame and money, amongst other things. Very credible testimony. Let me know what you think of some of her comments: true or false?

I don't trust YouTube as a source of credible information.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Except they'll have no water to grow crops with.
Water is another resource that many people believe to be perpetual, as we have not run-out yet and we have been able to temporarily resolve water shortage issues through technological solutions, such as the California aqueduct. As a scary headline: "The Colorado River is facing an alarming water shortage for the first time ever". This article is dated May 28, 2021, but this concern has been known (and ignored) for decades, so it is not new news. I refer back to my prior post, that the solution to these types of resource concerns is not playing musical chairs with resources, but population control.

Last edited:

jpl458

Local time
Yesterday, 23:46
Water is another resource that many people believe to be perpetual, as we have not run-out yet and we have been able to temporarily resolve water shortage issues through technological solutions, such as the California aqueduct. As a scary headline: "The Colorado River is facing an alarming water shortage for the first time ever". This article is dated May 28, 2021, but this concern has been known (and ignored) for decades, so it is not new news. I refer back to my prior post, that the solution to these types of resource concerns is not playing musical chairs with resources, but population control.
Spot on. Moke. Bill Burr and I both agree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom