Forms Resizing... (1 Viewer)

ALEXAA

Local time
Today, 08:40
Hello everyone!, I have a big question, I developed my Access database using a 1024x768 screen resolution. But my users are using a 800x600 resolution setting on their PCs. As a result, my forms are not fitting on one screen. Is there a way to automatically resize the forms depending on users display properties?...

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
There have been a number of discussions and solutions posted on this subject. I suggest you search the archives as a good starting place.

Peter D

Registered User.
Local time
You can use a third-party form rescaling module or add-in to resize your forms for you, or write the code yourself, but it is quite involved.

A shareware version of a form rescaling module I wrote called ShrinkerStretcher is available at this web site: http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm

FMS has a sizer module at www.fmsinc.com.

The Access Developer's Handbook has form resizing code included: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0782119417/107-8064361-7403703

For more informmation, there are some great articles about form scaling in the December 2000, and May 2001 SmartAccess newsletter. Check it out here: http://www.smartaccessnewsletter.com

Hope this helps,

Peter De Baets
Peter's Software - MS Access Tools for Developers http://www.peterssoftware.com

mrssevans

Registered User.
Local time
AlexAA if you find a solution could you pass it on to my e-mail. I am on the same hunt and will pass on any solutions I find to you. Thanks in advance. mrssevans@yahoo.com

Anauz

Registered User.
Local time
Try the following link
The sample db contains a module which resizes froms by measuring the screen dmensions. No need to restart the PC or anything.
http://www.anauz.clara.net/access.htm

readme file tells you how to apply it to your own database.

ALEXAA

Local time
I think the Download database is in Access 2000, I am working with Access 97 databases, so if is not too much to ask can anyone email me the code or a Access 97 database example, thanks in advanced...

Anauz

Registered User.
Local time
Access97 version now available.

Ally

Registered User.
Local time
Anauz (or anyone else who's used it) - have downloaded this and it's great ... except for the fact that the text doesn't resize, so you lose some. Have you come across this and is there a way round it that you know of please?

Anauz

Registered User.
Local time
the font i used wasn't particularily good.

You need to use TRUE type fonts for resizing.

lorenzoaj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:40
I have downloaded this an followed the directions on the readme page but after I put the code from frmScreenInfo into the Form Onload it says it can't find the Macro
Call adhScaleForm(Me, 800, 547, 96, 96, rctOriginal).

Anauz

Registered User.
Local time
Macro Call adhScaleForm(Me, 800, 547, 96, 96, rctOriginal). is a procedure within module basFormScale.

Try compiling the code.

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
I am very new to this and having downloaded the readme file I have managed to implement this procedure into my db. It appears to be working as it is resizing my forms.

Can I just clear up what this code is actually doing because what I want to do is have the forms fit the full size of the screen so if its a 14 inch or a 17inch it will adjust to either. It seems that all my text is crammed at the top now.

Can anyone advise me further?
Many thanks

R

Rich

Add DoCmd.Maximize after
Call adhScaleForm(Me, 800, 547, 96, 96, rctOriginal).

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
My screen is maximized but my text boxes and subform are in one little corner at the top. I have designed the db on a smaller screen than the users. When I try to load it on the users screen the screen is maximized but the info on my forms are all at the top left hand corner. How can I change this so they can be placed in an appropriate position to match the screen size?

If I understand correctly this is what this procedure does, although I have followed it step by step there must be something missing.

Here is what I did

I copied the modules basglobal and basscale and the form frmscreeninfo.

In my forms I copied the call procedure in the on load event which seems to be resizing on my pc but the others dont.

Can anyone see where I am going wrong?

[This message has been edited by Hayley Baxter (edited 01-02-2002).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom