Formula for Group Footer (1 Viewer)

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:01
If you don't install 1000 gallon tanks, take them out of the product list!!!! You do not what to hardcode stuff like this. It is stuff like this that makes applications impossible to maintain. Just order TWO 500 gallon tanks.
Thank you for your input but we have 182# 1000-gal SYSTEMS to install. Each 1000-gal system will consist of 2x1000-gal tanks. There are no 500-gal tanks. The tally is per system as each system will include tanks as well as pumps, plumbing and electrical fittings, etc.

However, with regards to the supplier delivery notes, we also need to keep count of the total number of TANKS only received and ensure that for every 1000-gal system ordered, 2# 1000-gal tanks are received. I must follow the terminology of the project contract and I am in no way trying to hardcore anything.

June7's patience, understanding and assistance was greatly appreciated and in general the guidance I receive on this forum is always useful, whether or not I post a question, which I hope I will be able to continue to do.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Why when you install 1000 gallon systems do you install TWO 1000 gallon tanks? Do you ALWAYS install two tanks for just this one system size? If that is the case, Add a quantity field to the product table and multiply by that. What you want to avoid at all costs is VBA that says something like:

Code:
If SystemType = "1000 gallon" then
  qty = qty * 2
End If

Even if today, you only have ONE odd configuration, you can still tableize the calculation so you can avoid hard coding.
Code:
qty = qty * NumOfUnits

So, the NumofUnits is 2 for the 1000 gallon systems but 1 for the others. Or perhaps some of the other systems are multi-tank alson.

It is odd that you call the 2000 gallon system a 1000 gallon system. That is why I suggested not using the 1000 gallon name at all since it sounded like you were using two 500 gallon tanks to make 1000.

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time
Yes...you are correct. For every 1000-gal system, two 1000-gal tanks are installed. I too queried why it wasn't referred to as a 2000-gal system but that is how the contract was issued so I have to use those references in my DB.

So when I was asked this week to confirm the number of tanks (not systems) were delivered to date I needed to find a way to show the 2# tanks per 1000-gal.

Again, thanks for your, June7 and theDBguy's assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom