Front End ACCDE not opening (1 Viewer)

Ghaznavi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:40
Hi,

I have made a database, splitted it and then made the front end as accde. After that I copied both Front end & back end files in a shared folder. It is working fine as long as I am using it from my computer, but when I go to the other computer and try to open the front end, it gives the message of Unrecognized format error. This problem is only with the accde file, all other files are opening except this.

Any solution plz?

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 07:40
What is the version of Access used in the two machines? How about their bit versions?

Ghaznavi

Registered User.
Local time
What is the version of Access used in the two machines? How about their bit versions?

Thanks for your reply :).

Both computers have Access 2007 installed on them. Both have XP operating system.
For the bits part, i am not aware of it. how to know the bit versions?

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:40
If i'm not mistaken, you can find out which bit version of Access you have by going to the help menu and it should list it underneath the "About Microsoft Access." I'm not sure if Access 2007 is different than that. I'm using 2010 and that is how I found it.

Ghaznavi

Registered User.
Local time

I have checked and here is the detail :
My computer...Access 2007 (12.0.66.6.1000) SP3 MSO (12.0.6607.1000)
Part of MS Office Professional Plus 2007.

Other computer...Access 2007 (12.0.4518.1014) MSO (12.0.4518.1014)
Part of MS Office Enterprise 2007.

Any updates for this problemz???

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
Are you opening the Front End on your PC as a local file, or are you opening the file on the shared network?

Ghaznavi

Registered User.
Local time
Are you opening the Front End on your PC as a local file, or are you opening the file on the shared network?

I can open it from my PC, but cant open it from other PC....And precisely, this is the problem. :)

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
I know, I was seeing if you were opening the file on your local machine or opening the file from the network on your machine. Have you tried taking the Front End off of the network and putting it on the local machine of the computer that is not able to open it?

Ghaznavi

Registered User.
Local time
I know, I was seeing if you were opening the file on your local machine or opening the file from the network on your machine. Have you tried taking the Front End off of the network and putting it on the local machine of the computer that is not able to open it?

I have tried this also, but still it is giving Unrecognized data format error message....:(

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
From what I have read up on, it appears to be an error that is saying your Database is corrupt. Maybe since your version of Access has SP3 installed and the other computer does not have SP3, you used something exclusive to SP3 and it has no way to open up the version you created. Try downloading SP3 on the Enterprise Access 2007 and see if you are able to open it after that.

Ghaznavi

Registered User.
Local time
Someone has told that if I split the database and convert the front end to accde format in the older version of access 2007 instead of converting it in my computer, it will solve the problem.....Is it helpful? (I am asking before trying it, just to save the time if it is not helpful)...????

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, that should work too. The older version of Access 2007 will work with the newer version. So, if you were to convert it to the older version on your PC then it should work on the other PC. I know that is true for Access 2000-2003 working in Access 2007-2010. But i'm not quite sure if that works in terms of the Service Pack or not. I would give it a try and see. And if that doesn't work, then just search for the service pack 3 on the micrsoft website and download it on the other PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom