FTP Upload Module (1 Viewer)

gisash1

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:51
I desperately need MDB sample with FTP Upload module.
If anybody has this treasure, please let me know
Thank you very much in advance

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:51
Regardless of your desperation, posting multiple threads will not help you. Please don't do it. If you would like to move your thread to the top of the list, just add a reply yourself to "bump" it.

gisash1

Registered User.
Local time
I know that, simply I couldn't find my post in the list first, and I thought it was a problem with my ISP connection. Just made a duplicate. Sorry. But it would be better if you helped me with my question, instead of teaching me how to post a thread. :eek:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If I knew the answer I would have posted it :rolleyes:

gisash1

Registered User.
Local time
I wish you new the answer, let alone myself :rolleyes:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Have you tried help? I just opened Access 2003 and looked for FTP. The answer seems to be there. I'll post it just in case it isn't in other versions:
Work with FTP
You can save data access pages to an FTP (FTP: A communication protocol that makes it possible for a user to transfer files between remote locations on a network. This protocol also allows users to use FTP commands, such as listing files and folders, to work with files on a remote location.) file server. You can also customize the way you work with FTP sites.

Save a data access page to an FTP site

To do this procedure, your company must have an intranet (intranet: A network within an organization that uses Internet technologies (such as the HTTP or FTP protocol). By using hyperlinks, you can explore objects, documents, pages, and other destinations on the intranet.), or you must have access to an Internet (Internet: A worldwide network of thousands of smaller computer networks and millions of commercial, educational, government, and personal computers. The Internet is like an electronic city with virtual libraries, stores, art galleries, and so on.) site that supports saving files. In addition, you must have access rights to save, and you must add the FTP site to your list of FTP locations.

If the data access page you want to save to an FTP site isn't already open, open it in Page view (Page view: An Access window in which you can browse the contents of a data access page. Pages have the same functionality in Page view as in Internet Explorer 5.0 or later.) or Design view (Design view: A window that shows the design of these database objects: tables, queries, forms, reports, macros, and data access pages. In Design view, you can create new database objects and modify the design of existing ones.). The page you want to save can be a new data access page that has never been saved or an existing data access page.
On the File menu, click Save As.
In the Save As dialog box, type a name for the link to the data access page and click OK.
In the Save As Data Access Page dialog box, click FTP Locations in the Save In box.
In the list of FTP sites, double-click the site you want, and then double-click the location you want to save the data access page to.
Note You must have write permissions for the FTP location to save the data access page there.

In the File name box, type a name for the .htm file.
Click Save.
Add an FTP site to the list of FTP locations

You can add an FTP site to the FTP Locations list in the Open and Save As dialog boxes. To do this, your company must have an intranet (intranet: A network within an organization that uses Internet technologies (such as the HTTP or FTP protocol). By using hyperlinks, you can explore objects, documents, pages, and other destinations on the intranet.) or you must have access to the Internet (Internet: A worldwide network of thousands of smaller computer networks and millions of commercial, educational, government, and personal computers. The Internet is like an electronic city with virtual libraries, stores, art galleries, and so on.)— for example, you could have a modem and an Internet account through a service provider (ISP: A business that provides access to the Internet for such things as electronic mail, chat rooms, or use of the World Wide Web. Some ISPs are multinational, offering access in many locations, while others are limited to a specific region.), or you could have access through your corporation's network.

On the File menu, click Open.
In the Look In box, click Add/Modify FTP Locations.
In the Name of FTP site box, type the FTP site name; for example, type ftp.microsoft.com.
To log on to a site anonymously, click Anonymous (some sites don't allow this).
To log on to a site you have user privileges for, click User, type your logon name, and then type your password if prompted.

Click Add.
Remove an FTP site from the list of Internet sites

In the Look In box, click FTP Locations.
Right-click the FTP site you want to remove, and then click Remove on the shortcut menu.
Change the logon name or password for an FTP site

You can change the way you log on to an FTP site. To do this procedure, your company must have an intranet (intranet: A network within an organization that uses Internet technologies (such as the HTTP or FTP protocol). By using hyperlinks, you can explore objects, documents, pages, and other destinations on the intranet.) or you must have access to the Internet (Internet: A worldwide network of thousands of smaller computer networks and millions of commercial, educational, government, and personal computers. The Internet is like an electronic city with virtual libraries, stores, art galleries, and so on.)— for example, you could have a modem and an Internet account through a service provider (ISP: A business that provides access to the Internet for such things as electronic mail, chat rooms, or use of the World Wide Web. Some ISPs are multinational, offering access in many locations, while others are limited to a specific region.), or you could have access through your corporation's network.

In the Look In box, click FTP Locations.
Right-click the FTP site you want to change, and then click Modify on the shortcut menu.
Change the options you want.

gisash1

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, I have the same in Access 2000. But I need more specific thing. Some kind of form with controls which allow to browse ftp, delete, upload etc.
I found pretty good mdb sample with module which does those things. But it isn't free, as usual with good stuff.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I believe the common dialog will browse FTP sites. You can use the API if you don't have a license for the OCX. Search here for common dialog API to find code samples. Or get one from the MS kb.

Wescotools

Wesco Tools
Local time
Yesterday, 19:51
Need MS Access FTP Module

Has any thing surfaced that will provide an upload function from a local file path to a prescribed ftp site.

Specifically I need a module to upload a file from a statically defined local file path to a statically defined ftp site.

Thanks for any help.

SteveE

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:51
Just in case anyone still wants this, this is how I ftp from access:
Create two files 1 a text file with your specific data in it:
create txt file ie ftpfile.txt as below with your specific details
===========================================
open
"your server"
"your server logon"
"your server password"
CD "to server location directory to store ftp file "ie /cluster/tmp/"
PWD
ascii
prompt
mput \\"stored location and full filename to upload"
bye

Create a bat file to do the ftp work i.e ftpmyfile.bat
===========================================
c:
cd \\"directory where your text file is stored"
ftp -s:\\"directory where your text file is stored"\ftpfile.txt
y
============================================

Then within your DB create a button which calls the shell function below
=================================================
Private Sub FTPFile_Click()
Call Shell("cmd.exe /c " & "\\"directory where bat file located"\myfile.bat", 1)
End Sub

works for me fine.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
steve

I am doing the same thing

I am executing my script with this command

Call ExecCmd("C:\WINdows\System32\ftp.exe -ns:" & infolder & "\" & scriptfile, vbMinimizedFocus)

(where infolder and scriptfile identify the ftp script)

this runs in a command window -
execcmd is a function that shells the ftp, but waits for it to finish before continuing - I can post this if you want it

BUT is there a way of getting it to run invisibly?

does your method show the command window, or does it run invisibly?

I would like it to run without displaying the cmd window (note that my vbminimisedfocus setting doesnt seem to do anything!)

Thanks

SteveE

Registered User.
Local time
The command just flashes up and goes off I have even had to remove the "bye" from the FTP text file to debug the process.

regrads

Steve

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
ok

but it still opens the cmd window, and then closes

I am trying to get it to run without opening the command window (or maybe run with the command winmdow minimized)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom