Full joining of tables (1 Viewer)

DeLaMartre

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:54
I am an "Excel guy", so please excuse this question if it appears simple-minded.

I want to join three tables in the same db into one table which will include EVERY record in each table. My books have failed me (or else I am getting blind in my old age...).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

:eek:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:54
If the three tables have some logical relationship, it's easy. Just add the three tables to the QBE grid. Draw a line between each pair of tables connecting the related key fields. For example, if your three tables were Customer, Order, and OrderDetails, The join line between Customer and Order would connect CustomerID in both tables. the join line between Order and OrderDetails would be on OrderID. Then select whatever columns you need from each of the tables.

DeLaMartre

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:54
Thanks very much for your reply, Pat. The tables have been imported from other databases and are identical as regards the fields (sorry I wasn't more clear in that respect...). The tables differ as far as their records, however.

I want to simply combine the tables into one unified table with every record included in the initial three. Would an "Append" query work?

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom