furlough (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 15:58
I've been on furlough since 25/03/2020 and have just been told I might be on it until 31/07/2020.

When it started I thought it would be a furlough for me to do a lot if the projecs I had planned which I've been able to do but find myself finding it harder and harder, I've done the same job for 20 years the longest I was not working was 10 days thanks to a thyroid problem.

now I go to get started and find it hard to get into the project.

Have you found it hard?

mick

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You'll get back into it. :)

I was off from working on a DPS7 from May 2002 until July 2005.
I was up and running within less than a week. :)

Mind you, I did love the DPS7 and GCOS7 :D

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Ive been on Furlough since the middle of March, I'm not entirely sure if I will be going back to my company or not, although I am assuming as they are contributing to toppping up the Furlough payment that they wouldn't be doing that if they had no intention of taking me back...

I am going a little Stir Crazy now, and I wonder how difficult I am going to find it if and when I do go back to work...

Dreamweaver

Local time
I was watching a program and they said there could be upto 1.5million redundancies once companies have to top up furlough.
I keep checking my mails for a letter from them as the last said I could be back anytime between 13 jun and 31 july.
they did say I might have to go back part time to start with but from what I saw on that programthey will still have to pay me my contracted hours which is 39 as I've had not change of contract.
I did have to confirm and agree to the letter but as it didn't state It was a change to my contract I am still on the same contract or at least I hope.
I hav 20 years in as of 3rd sep.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Well, it's not much of a comfort, but at least with 20 years service, you would get a decent redundancy payout, even at state minimums.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:58
For once I have no regrets about being retired and on my Social Security plus my Annuity payouts.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:58
Another 2 years and 9 months until retirement (subject to change with little notice). Still fully employed with the local government.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
For once I have no regrets about being retired and on my Social Security plus my Annuity payouts.
At Xmas my last employers insisted on us keeping 5 days leave back to use then. by January 2nd I would champing at the bit to get back to work.:)

I was dreading being retired, as it would be 100% of that, but when I did, something switched off/on, and it does not bother me now.
I do consider sometimes getting a part time job, but then think of the potential attitude of the employers and think 'to hell with it'

I still do 4 hours a week admin work for my old bosses, but that is it, and they know that I am doing them the favour, not the other way around.?

Dreamweaver

Local time
Just been informed I Am to be furloughed until end of october but I may be required to some part time work so I may have a bit of work + my furlough to make the hours up to my contracted hours.

I will have to start looking for another position as I can't afford another 3 months and mrs is no longer recieving any funds.

Looks like I have more time to build other db's

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:58
We are considered essential so we worked through this whole mess. Our fiscal year begins July 1. Since we are a quasi-state agency we dont know what our budget cuts are going to be so they implimented a mandatory and a voluntary furlough to try to get ahead of it. Everyone was mandated to take a day in july with more days to follow in the coming months. I took 3 weeks of voluntary ending tommorrow. I did so to get the extra $600 a week added to unemployment expiring this month. I wont be required to take anymore furlough for the year. The extra $600 really cushioned the blow and mitigated much of the loss.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I didn't think staying home would affect my income very much, until I remembered I will not have as much mileage and per diem deductions.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I found it makes you realize how much you spend throughout the day. I'm in the field a lot so several coffees, snacks, lunch, gas and more.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:58
Excellent news, MickJav. I know you will have to adapt to your business's "new normal" but at least you will have that chance. Good luck on the adaptation.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Excellent news, MickJav. I know you will have to adapt to your business's "new normal" but at least you will have that chance. Good luck on the adaptation.
Yeah I'm not allowed past the main internal door its like being a new employee

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom