Gadget needed! - Google Photos, captions, location info (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 07:00
I'm aware of the way to turn on location caption type info for a INDIVIDUAL google photos photo (although I keep trying it, and it appears not to work although Location capture was turned on in my camera) - but regardless, I'm looking for some type of gizmo, software, or Google Add-In that can automatically caption any and all (batch/large) Google Photos that I choose - and hard-caption them with the Location information.

Otherwise what good is sharing tons of photos and trying to remember where they were taken - and I need to do hundreds if not 1000's at a time if possible.

I googled this and came up short. Everyone just talking about how to do it individually but that would take me weeks.

Any ideas or software ??

I'd even be willing to download a batch, use an actual desktop software to do it, and then re-upload them to a specific Photos album - that would be fine with me - or else a google photos add-in if such a thing exists to do it for me

Better the photos be hard-edited, though, as I'll be sharing these with people using various unpredictable browsers (and even OS)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:00
I saw a post by @isladogs (Colin) a while back where he was looking at file attributes and images attributes, I recall there were loads of attributes for images. I think he's written some software (MS Access) for altering these attributes. Might be worth contacting him (he might see this post if I highlight his name.)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:00
There is also the free IrfanView if you need some options.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 07:00
Thanks UG, I was hoping for a hard caption to actually edit the picture and overlay the text - but will look into that and thanks to others who have posted will check out irfanview

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom