Game programming with Visual Basics (Microsoft Access) (1 Viewer)

phiu

Local time
Yesterday, 22:24
Hi, I am new here and also new to VBA. I am not very good in programming stuffs. So that's it, we have a project at school and we have to program the game 'Zoo Tycoon' with VBA.

I am having difficulties from the beginning, I don't know how to code the button 'Option' (or "radio button"). I want the user to pick one option out of three, for the initial budget and the type of the zoo.

Please help me!

Thank you very much!

CBrighton

Surfing while working...
Local time
Today, 06:24
The good thing about programming is that there are almost always multiple ways do do something.

I'm sure someone will be in here to explain option boxes at some point. In the meantime I'll tell you about a possible alternative (not sure how detailed your requirements are and whether you must have an option group for this).

The core functionality of an option group is "choose one of these options". That can be done with any control.

You could use a single combobox / listbox with the options in the rowsource.
You could use multiple tickboxes, each with VBA code to disable the other tickboxes when one is selected.
You could have multiple command buttons, each of which will bring up the next form for whichever option was chosen (whichever button was clicked).

Etc.

:edit:

To confirm, the reason I have not gone into option boxes is because I have never used them. I tend to code it myself similar to the alternatives above.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:24
but, to get started with an option group, drop an option group from the toolbox on your form, and follow the wizard

KamikazeeSuicider

Local time
Yesterday, 22:24
Hi, The attached file is a shuffle game in MS access. Click on Shuffle button and then arrange the numbers sequencially.

Attachments

• Shuffle.accdb
    1 MB · Views: 465

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom