Question General Advise On website forms + database (1 Viewer)

ulefos

Local time
Today, 16:31
Hi

A company i work for has asked if there was a solution to having a seamless intergration of a customer login area, a purchase order form on their website (for retailers to fill in online).

The purchase order form itself would have customers details (customer id, name, address, postcode, email address) pulled from a database to save time for our retailers.
The product details would be product id, product name, unit price.
The order details would be order id, order date, product, salesperson, quantity, and price.
The form when gerated would either be printed by the retailer and an email sent of conformation of purchase order, and a copy sent to company sales team(who owns the website.

QUESTION
Would a microsoft access template/templates do something like this, is there such a template that i can download and learn from to beable to acomplish the above, i am new to this and the templates ive looked at seem to be desktop applications. The companies website uses mysql.
The reason why i have asked about templates is that i learn better by using the product than reading reams of information and not retaining information.

Any advise is always appreciated
ulefos

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Heres an idea, unless you are using MS Office 2010 why not consider using something like Joomla 5.1 this is open source software and is free (open Source) you can connect to mySQL database and also add in things like shopping carts and log ins etc.

Joomla would do this
WordPress would do this amoung other Open Source Software. Theres where I would consider researching.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:31
Access doesn't offer anything that can help you. To use Access forms on the web, you need to install the most expensive version of SharePoint and open that to the public.

ulefos

Local time
Thanks for your responses, I do appreciate It. Looks like more research.
Cheers

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Depending on how close your relationship is with your Customers, the mosr seemless integration is a Terminal Server wherecustomers login into your system and enter the information on yoyr server.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom