Generating the same report many times based on input. (1 Viewer)

P

psrman

Help! I have been asked to have Access generate the same report with different data (such as a customer profile report) based on the one or many customer numbers input at one time.

Currently, I have a report that prints out info that is based data generated after a series of complex queries runs via a macro.
To intitate the report the user triggers a button on a form which triggers the first step of the macro which is an update query asking the user for the customer number they wish the profile for. The update macro then translates the customer number into the "file number" and stores it in a temporary table. Next the macro triggers three different queries that validate certain elements. Once comlete, the macro then move's to it's last step of generating the Company Profile if valid based on the macros.

What I need is two things: first I need to be able to have the user enter one or multiple customer numbers (up to 10 at a time) at the time of the input box. Second I need to have the query/report steps run over and over, stepping through each of the customer numbers entered until it reaches the end of the numbers. When it has processed each of the numbers it needs to end the process.

Due to various constraints, the multiple input must be actual keyed input and can not be done via a combo box multi select function.

Any and all help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom