Getting Values for Selecting Reports .... (1 Viewer)

TGHockett

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:55
Its probably a lousy subject title for my problem but the overview is this:

The objective is to let field sales reps run a basic access applicaton (only a switchboard and report request option/form and of course an exit Access button) so they can take the report to a specific dealer, showing their year-to-date sales, the amount the dealer had projected early in the year.

I have a form with three option groups (for the enduser to select the dataset (e.g.,revenue or quantity), detail level (by product category or by product model), and report format(summary YTD or monthly detail)) and one list box with the names of all approved dealers, from which they select the dealer they want to report on based on the option group selections.

The good news.... the macro to retrieve the data from form for the most recent option groups and dealername selected works fine ... BUT only when I have one Access report specified. AND the query showing the reportcodename to select for print works fine based on a "fixed" report (revenue by category).

The problem: When I try to add conditions in the macro view for Openreport (reportcodename=report 1), I get the verrrrry annoying Access error ala "you are trying to change the properties of an Access objbect that cant be automated"

The bad news... I can't figure out a workaround solution for this even after breaking each report selection request into separate macros in the same macro group --- damn ... all I want to add to the macro condition is "run this if the returned reportcode = X"

What am I missing folks?????

TGH

TGHockett

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:55
Even though I was able to figure out a work-around solution to the above mentioned problem (by using individual option boxes vs. am option group, each of which calls a macro on click to run the requested report), I'd still be interested in hearing if someone knows how to accomplish what I described above for future reference

TGH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom