google photos (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 02:47
I didn’t want to use google photos but the guy who sold me my new phone transferred all my photos to google. I have tried looking for a good tutorial but always come up with bits and pieces. Anybody have a link to a comprehensive tutorial.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
To do what?
To do most every thing. I can't even look at all my albums. I can only transfer one photo at a time. When I google a certain operation it usually ask me to click a button I don't have.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:47
In which context you having these issues - the mobile Photos app, or on a normal computer when logged into photos.google.com ?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
In which context you having these issues - the mobile Photos app, or on a normal computer when logged into photos.google.com ?
yes on my computer that was upload from my phone. there is a list of 6 albums but I have more than that.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
If you had folders/albums that you had manually created on your phone in your phone's gallery app, I'm not sure that will automatically translate to albums on Google photos. Also it is necessary to go into your Google photos app settings and be sure that the backup process is backing up all of your phones folders that you want it to.

I have an Android phone and in my gallery app on my phone, there are a few different things called albums. They reference the source of the picture such as gallery, screenshots, whatsapp. Google photos backs all of those up but doesn't necessarily automatically transfer them into separate Google photos albums the way that they were segregated on my phone, if that makes any sense.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
If you had folders/albums that you had manually created on your phone in your phone's gallery app, I'm not sure that will automatically translate to albums on Google photos. Also it is necessary to go into your Google photos app settings and be sure that the backup process is backing up all of your phones folders that you want it to.

I have an Android phone and in my gallery app on my phone, there are a few different things called albums. They reference the source of the picture such as gallery, screenshots, whatsapp. Google photos backs all of those up but doesn't necessarily automatically transfer them into separate Google photos albums the way that they were segregated on my phone, if that makes any sense.
Thanks

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks for all the help. I can now get to my albums. when I remove a photo from an album it says you can still see this photo in library. can't find library. where is it?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
also I have an album that says 12 photos shared. How do I find who or what they are shared with?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
What a mess. All because I let someone talk me intro buying a new phone. All of a sudden lots of photos (not all) on my computer in file explore (win 10) have x's on them and they won't open. I tried googling why X's but brings up nothing relevant. Anybody know what's going on? Does it have anything to do with me messing around with google Photos?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Did the salesman move the photos or copy them from the old phone. If he copied them, can you start over?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Do you have an iPhone or an Android? It sounds now like you have an iPhone and have "synched" your Windows 10 Photos with your iPhone or something, if so I'll bow out, I know next to nothing about iPhones, except how difficult and restrictive they can be as my daughter has one and every so often we try to figure out how to do something. There's always only one option and it's never a great one.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Do you have an iPhone or an Android? It sounds now like you have an iPhone and have "synched" your Windows 10 Photos with your iPhone or something, if so I'll bow out, I know next to nothing about iPhones, except how difficult and restrictive they can be as my daughter has one and every so often we try to figure out how to do something. There's always only one option and it's never a great one.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks for answering! Its a moto Edge Plus. (I had to call the sales person to find that out, no where on the phone is there a name) I think that's an android but I am not sure. Right, now I hate it. I can't even shut it of at night, so it rings and wakes me up. He was suppose to transfer every thing to my new phone, but transfer my photos to Google photos. I had a note pad on my old phone with combination to buildings, ALL GONE. My biggest concern right now is getting to the photos on my computer. I have to have a power point presentation ready in two weeks but can't get to my pic's

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Ok, so that's an Android.

As long as either 1) Your old phone's pics were all in the main Gallery, or 2) Your old phone's pics were in multiple Albums within the gallery, but all those were included in the Google Photos app's Backup & Synch settings, they should all be on Google photos. After that point if I go to photos.google.com and sign in, all my pictures are there (albeit a big disorganized). From there you can easily click the upper right menu area to download 1 specific picture, or multi-select pictures and then download a Zip of all of them. If you're sure that all your pictures aren't there (online), then I would see if you can recover/power up your old phone and go through that backup/synch process again, making sure first to go into the Photos app's Backup & Synch settings and ensure that your entire Gallery, and any folders you wish to backup photos from, is selected/included. That's all I can think of .... good luck and hope you find them soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom