Granting partial access possible? (1 Viewer)

Simba

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:06
I have an access 2003 database with front end and back end. The backend is in a server and a copy of the front end, in 20 users' pcs.

The database has information, about the resources available and I am planning to give write access to 2 persons for making new entry / edit.

There is also a caller tracking information, to track who called and what kind of information they were seeking. But all the 20 users, should be given access, to enter the callers' data like, name,address and so on.

Is this something possible?

apr pillai

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:36
If you maintain separate tables for Resources and Caller's data then this can be implemented.

Insert/Edit Access rights can be given to users of a particular User-Group. Permission must be assigned to the Group Account rather than to individual user. You can add more Users to the Group Account, if needed.

Remember, one User can be a member of different User-Groups.

Assign or Remove Permissions
Microsoft Access Security

Simba

Registered User.
Local time
Mr.Pillai! Thank you. Your explanation and articles are good and I am implementing.

Simba

Registered User.
Local time
Hi!

I set up the security access. However, I have an issue. I setup secruity access only to a particular database. But the problem is, the logon window comes up, even if I open up someother database (that is other than the one, I set up security access).

Is this how, this will work?

If you maintain separate tables for Resources and Caller's data then this can be implemented.

Insert/Edit Access rights can be given to users of a particular User-Group. Permission must be assigned to the Group Account rather than to individual user. You can add more Users to the Group Account, if needed.

Remember, one User can be a member of different User-Groups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom