Graphics - print event in Access report or Excel (1 Viewer)

max1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:57
Hi,

So I have data in a temporary table which represents lines of a drawing. I need to turn this data into a picture.

I think I have two options; first option is to use the print event in an access report to turn my data into lines and circles on an access report;

second option is to link to excel, interpret the data in excel and create the report in excel.

My reports will have multiple pages each displaying different data in the same format.

What opinions do forum members hold? Are there any other easily accessible programs for creating this report which would offer an advantage?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 01:57
Are you looking for such a "simple" thing like a graph or ?
Without seeing/knowing what you exactly want, it is difficult to guide you. Are you able to provide a printscreen of the result you want?

max1

Registered User.
Local time
Attached is an example of a report I would ultimately like to produce. The intermediate step is somewhat simpler.

The option for an IT professional might be to store minimal graphics data in the database, with the majority of graphics data remaining only in our CAD software, with additional data (eg comments and some additional line graphics) linked from the database via ODBC. The downside to this is that I would have to become competent in the scripting language of the CAD software.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 98

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 01:57
Ohhh - looking at what you shows here my first thought was, are you going to create a kind of a CAD program, then I think it is easier to learn the scripting language of the CAD software
Sorry, I'm not able to help you - good luck.

max1

Registered User.
Local time
It is actually a slightly amateur version of a commercially available database. Unfortunately the pro' database will not link to the CAD software that we use.

I have used the comercially available db (it is very good) and chatted with the person who wrote some of it (he denies he wrote the graphics part). He tells me it is an MS access database. I think that the graphics functions operate with reports and the print event because this is the only means I can find to achieve this end within access.

As to CAD functions that I want to include in my db they are limited to drawing of lines defined by coordinates pre existing in my db.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom