Graphics (1 Viewer)

carlnewboult

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:49
Just wondered what was everyones opinion on how I should best included a graphic file (just for the eye it has no functional purpose). At the moment i have just pasted it in but it increases the size from 1mb to 17mb.

Thank :cool: :) :cool:

dent

Registered User.
Local time
Carl I use photshop cs and cut the file down 48pix for an icon and 150 at 14cm for a watermark. to as small as possible save as bmp and use as watermarks or icons. But I am by no means an expert, I am sure there are better ways of doing it. look at the zip to see some of my images.

Attachments

• Images.zip
    237.6 KB · Views: 133

reclusivemonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Erm, try making the graphic smaller? What format is it in(PNG/GIF/JPEG/TIFF)? What physical size is it? The increase in size of your DB doesn't seem to justify the eye candy IMHO.

Big2

Registered User.
Local time
Obvious its the file type, unless he has the image occuring like 5,000 times throughout the database application.

reclusivemonkey

Registered User.
Local time
BMP is not the best format. JPEG or GIF will give you a smaller file. The amount of colours in the picture will dictate whether to use JPEG/GIF. JPEG is used for many colours (i.e. photos) and GIF is used for few colours (clip art/logos).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom