Greetings from the Canadian Hinterland (1 Viewer)

sgbotsford

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:49
I hate access. But I hate every other database system even more. I'm running Access 2003 on Windows XP sp3 under VirtualBox on a Mac. (Whew!) It actually runs reasonably well. Mind you the Mac has 4 cores and 24 GB of ram, 6 disks...

I'm a teacher turned computer geek turned tree farmer. I now have enough trees and kinds of trees in enough different sizes in different kinds of pots maturing and needing transplnting at different times that a spread sheet just doesn't work any more. So I'm learning access, the hard way, by banging my head into the brick wall.

Oh well. There's a foot of snow on the ground right now, and it's going to stay there for the next two months. This is a good time to learn new things. (I looked for something equivalent to access for the Mac. There isn't one. Oh sure, open office has Base which is vaguely like Access in approach, but it is not designed for the fumble fingered beginner. (Ok, neither is Access, but I am making progress with Access.) Anyway, you will likely see lots of questions from me over the next few months. I start with a thank you just for being here. I've already found out how to cascade combo boxes from browsing the board.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom