greyed out option buttons (1 Viewer)

C

capri

HI,

I'm a little confused as to what is happening. I have several option buttons on a form, that when checked and the preview button is clicked, will bring up the preview of a report. I've copied the exact details from one check box to another only changing the Option Value and Name/Caption Name. Some options work and others don't.

eg in my event I have

Case 21
DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt General Assurance Report", PrintMode
Case 22
DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt General ESI Report", PrintMode
Case 23
DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt General Fullfillment Report", PrintMode
Case 24
DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt General Legal Report", PrintMode

in this instance Case 21 works, but the other 3 show the button greyed out so it cannot even be selected. Pressing F1 for help doesn't give me any information.

Any suggestions as to what to look at would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:20
If these option buttons were added after you had made the form, then it could be that it is not being picked up. I would suggest that when copying an option button to make an additional one, that you paste it onto the Option Group border, then you can move it to where you want to within your grouping. Make sure that your Option Value of each button is a new value corresponding to the Case number.

Good luck

C

capri

Thanks for the answer. I did change the Option Value of each button, but still no luck.

What I finally did was delete all the greyed out buttons, then copy a functioning button and change the option number on it. Seems to work so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom