Grouped query (1 Viewer)

bbulla

I'd rather be golfing
Local time
Yesterday, 19:36
Hi,

I have a table that is collecting software information installed on uses PCs. Columns are like this:

USERNAME - SOFTWARENAME - VERSION - PRIORITY

The users are entering a priority for each software on their machine; High, Med or Low.

I have no problems creating a query to group all software by SOFTWARE VERSION PRIORITY to get all of the (for example) Low priority software, but how would I add another column in my query that would group all the usernames that prioritized it the same. For example:

MSOFFICE - v10 - Low - Brian, Joe, Ted

Thanks,

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:36
I was assuming (guessing?) that there would be 3 records with the first 3 values (MSOFFICE - v10 - Low) in the example, one each for Brian, Joe & Ted. If so that function could produce the desired result.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:36
Yes it would. I didn't know Dev Ashish had this code. I'm used to giving people the one from Allen Browne.

bbulla

I'd rather be golfing
Local time
Yesterday, 19:36
Hi,

Yes, I've done this sort of thing in VBA code before, but was hoping there was a way I could just do it in a query. This is just a single table....not a 1:M relationship.

And to my knowledge, the order of your columns in a query don't need to match those of the table. :)

Last edited:

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:36
Hi,

Yes, I've done this sort of thing in VBA code before, but was hoping there was a way I could just do it in a query. This is just a single table....not a 1:M relationship.
It can't be done.

And to my knowledge, the order of your columns in a query don't need to match those of the table. :)
You posted a question so for our understanding you need to keep the order the same. If they're not the same in your post then we won't all understand what you're conveying to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom