Header field became a button label (1 Viewer)

Alex10k

Local time
Today, 18:09
This issue came up in my form's header. I stacked these elements in the header section: the header field (Auto_Header0), two horizontal lines (above and below the header), and a command button. It looks like this:

------------lin1------------
hdrFormName | cmdExit
------------lin2------------

*In case I didn't make this very clear, there are two columns and three rows. Rows 1 and 3 are merged.

I decided that I didn't like cmdExit where it was, so I selected it and clicked "Remove Layout." When I did this, hdrFormName was also removed from the stacked fields and became a label to cmdExit. I can't figure out how to separate them, without deleting and starting anew. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:09
Select the header (label), hit Ctrl+X, select a blank area on the report, then hit Ctrl+V.

Alex10k

Local time
Today, 18:09
Select the header (label), hit Ctrl+X, select a blank area on the report, then hit Ctrl+V.
Thanks! Love a simple fix! Any idea how this can be prevented in the future? Is it something I'm doing, or a quirk in the program?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks! Love a simple fix! Any idea how this can be prevented in the future? Is it something I'm doing, or a quirk in the program?
Hi. To answer that question, we would need to know what caused it to happen. Can you try to reproduce the problem and tell us the steps to replicate it ourselves?

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
To be honest, it has happened to me (more than once). The fix is so easy, though, that I've never bothered to pursue a preventative solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom