Hello from Ohio (1 Viewer)

mrheffner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:27
My name is Mike Heffner. I am retired after 50 years in the IT industry. Hard to believe I started in 1968 as a card sorter, sorting cards in a grocery warehouse. The cards were then used to produce various documents on some unit record equipment. I have stories to tell, but enough of that.

The bulk of my career was as an IBM assembler language programmer. However, I saw the handwriting on the wall and eventually moved into the Microsoft arena.

Most recently, right before retirement, I worked as a consultant with Microsoft Dynamics NAV. The company I retired from sold/installed/supported NAV in small to medium manufacturing companies.

I am a hopeless computer geek, and even though I am retired I cannot leave them alone. I am currently providing tech support for my wife. She is an executive in a plastic processing company. Currently they are working to implement much needed quality standards and procedures.

They currently have no automated production plannig. The owners are not willing at this time to purchase a system. So, I have put together a prototype using MS Access to demonstrate the value of such a system. My initial demo went well. Everyone liked it, and I am now working on additional features we discussed.

I have used MS Access successfully in the past, and enjoy working with it. However, for some reason I am now for the first time experiencing some of the limitations with error handling. I look forward to studying some of the posts on this topic and getting involved in some of the discussions.

See you all in the forums.

Mike

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 12:27
Hi
Welcome to AWF.
Hopefully we can assist and with your extensive experience, I hope you will be able to contribute as well
As sometimes happens with new users, your post was moderated. Now approved

If you use the Advanced Search feature and search for error handling, you should get a lot of relevant threads listed.
If you have specific questions, please ask in a new thread in the vba section.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:27
Hi. Welcome to the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom