Hello..self taught user trying to relearn access...its changed!!! (1 Viewer)

The robyn

Local time
Today, 15:31
Hi all. Im self taught after a 2 day intro course back in 2001. I spent 3 years working on a database using access 2003-07 and was hooked.

Moving on i am now in a new job and want to build a database to help with admin processes...but its changed alot and simple things i previously was able to do...i now can't...eek!!

I hope joining here will help me out with a few niggly questions i have!!!

Hobbies....dogs dogs dogs :)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:31
Welcome...back!

GLese

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:31
Welcome! I'm a new user after a 2 day course too, so I know your struggle. Rest assured the group on here is by far one of the best I have found in the past few months of working with Access!!

Velox

Registered User.
Local time
Also love dogs! I have three rescues, two of which are Romanian. Would love to hear what you have!

BigHappyDaddy

Coding Monkey Wanna-Be
Local time
Today, 07:31
GLese said:
Rest assured the group on here is by far one of the best I have found...

Ditto. This forum became my go to reference, when I realized that my problems were not unique. You just have to find the correct thread!

What kind of dogs do you have?
Yorky (Puddles), 2 Chihuahua mixes(Baby and Bella) and a Lab/Husky mix (Buddy).

Velox

Registered User.
Local time
Yorky (Puddles), 2 Chihuahua mixes(Baby and Bella) and a Lab/Husky mix (Buddy).

lol someone mad enough to have more dogs than me - I like! Love Puddles as a dog name!

Mine are Dave (Shepard Rotty mix), Spud & Maria from Romania which are god knows what - they're so interbred you have no chance of working out their origins...

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:31
Despite the many changes in the UI (which few are for the better, IMO), keep in mind that the fundamental concepts have not at all changed. Tables, queries, forms, reports and code all work using the same general principles that have been in place since long before you worked with it the first time around.

(there's been many "feature" additions, such as Multi-Valued Fields - which do more harm than good, and deprecations - APD projects - but if you're sticking to basic Access development, you can use the same knowledge of database and application design that you used to, albeit a shiny new place to (try to) find things)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom