Help!!! Am Gonna Be In So Much Crap!!!!! (1 Viewer)

JustMaybe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:03
Okay i've already mentioned this problem before...but its getting desperate!!!! Pleae if anyone can help i reeeeaaally need it now..

I have a successfully running database...but the problem is the reports... i need to generate these reports as they are currently displayed..in a format that could be universally e-mailed

I've established this is NEVER gonna happen in word...and my boss won't go with the idea of snapshot (some customers will refuse to download it apparently..) so i have come round to the fcat that PDF may be the only way

....one small prob..... I can't even work out how to do that!!!!
Have never been so stuck!!!

Can anyone help???? Or have any alternative suggestions

Anything will be greatly appreciated!!!!

TheTrainMan

Registered User.
Local time
What's big problem with using word??? And surely snapshots were designed for this very purpose... surely it's your job to convince your boss that snapshots are the way forward and that if customers do have any doubts about it, then he has to pursuade them!! I'm sure your boss just doesn't have the confidence he should do in the snapshots... you've just got to convince him. My boss until recently didn't even like the thought of using Access!!!!! I think my task to persuade him was a little more difficult!!

good luck

Ziggy1

Registered User.
Local time
I have this issue as well with our customer, they won't install snapshot either or Excel viewer. The main problem with this is they lose some formating with other formats. The .rtf retains most of the structures except for embedded objects

I use the send object method and send in either .rtf (rich text), Excel or .txt (text) or a combination.

Even with the PDF format you can run into download issues, I think .rtf and .txt are safest options.

As a teaser include the snapshot version as well along with a link to the Microsoft website to download snapshot viewer.

Ziggy

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:03
Although the PDF reader is free, you will need to purchase the PDF writer. Whereas the snapshot solution is free. That may may have some impact on the boss' decision.

N

newsob

We started out using Word (using a template and macros). Many of our users didn't like the many steps they had to go through to get a final product. We are now using PDF and it is as easy as File, Print, Acrobat Distiller, OK and you're done. Our whole office is very happy with the simplicity of it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom