Help converting 2003 database to new 2010+ (1 Viewer)

Mikeb185

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:11
Copy the DB, then delete any sensitive data. Zip it (right click and Send to Cpmpressed (zipped) folder then upload that.

You can also copy tables structure only?
How do i delete the sensitive data?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Is the DB the same as the one you uploaded in your 2019 thread?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I'm not trying to be rude here, but I do not think you should even be touching this DB?. You can easily do more harm than good, if this is the level of your experience. :(
I know we all have to start somewhere, but this has been going on for over a year now?

I think you really need someone local to come in as you originally asked. Bear in mind that they would still see the data.?

You might want to see if an expert here will help via a PM for a fee, just as if they came into your premises.? Still the data issue though?

That would not be me however, not an expert, nor interested in a paying role.

Good luck with it anyway.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Don't delete anything until you have got a good backup plan in place.

Mikeb185

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not trying to be rude here, but I do not think you should even be touching this DB?. You can easily do more harm than good, if this is the level of your experience. :(
I know we all have to start somewhere, but this has been going on for over a year now?

I think you really need someone local to come in as you originally asked. Bear in mind that they would still see the data.?

You might want to see if an expert here will help via a PM for a fee, just as if they came into your premises.? Still the data issue though?

That would not be me however, not an expert, nor interested in a paying role.

Good luck with it anyway.
I appreciate what your saying but i am learning with every bit of advice given, i didnt given up last time just kind of forgot and had other stuff to sort out so got pushed to the back of my things to do.
Is the DB the same as the one you uploaded in your 2019 thread?
yes

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well, the form is there, but without the be db, nothing will work.
Company name is not locked/disabled. Is actually called CompanyName as well.

Does the DB even compile?, as I have this from that DB, yet the AFterUpdate property has the FindSupplier macro?
1610368059908.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom