Help. I need to make a Macro for my client. (1 Viewer)

pawson

Local time
Today, 03:24
Good afternoon.

I need to make a Macro with different buttons (Project, Visio and Visual Studio), something visual and easy to execute . I will explain better. My client need to check how many softwares are deployed in her factory. I already got every query, joins and normalized my tables, I mean, I have the correct results. So now she needs to view the results in just one click. I want to include all the procedure that i made inside that buttons and then if it is possible to show me the final result. If the results are deployed in a pivot table will be better. Because i will have many different kind of softwares to get.

Thanks so much.
(Please don't take things for granted, I'm a noob in Acces and VBA)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:24
Consider presenting your results as a report.
Rather than a button for each application, you should have used a combo with a list of apps. The list (row source) for the combo should be a table so that if you add an app, you just add it to the table and it shows up in the combo list, and thus the report. This combo can also have an ALL option so that all apps are reported. They way you are doing it, you need to redesign the form(s) queries and whatever shows the data if you add or remove an application from results.

If what you want is to be able to report on more than one one app at a time, the list would be a listbox with multi-select set to yes, not a combo. Regardless, most of us here don't use macros if that's what you really want. We use code (procedures) which are often referred to as macros in Excel, but not Access.

pawson

Local time
Today, 03:24
Consider presenting your results as a report.
Rather than a button for each application, you should have used a combo with a list of apps. The list (row source) for the combo should be a table so that if you add an app, you just add it to the table and it shows up in the combo list, and thus the report. This combo can also have an ALL option so that all apps are reported. They way you are doing it, you need to redesign the form(s) queries and whatever shows the data if you add or remove an application from results.

If what you want is to be able to report on more than one one app at a time, the list would be a listbox with multi-select set to yes, not a combo. Regardless, most of us here don't use macros if that's what you really want. We use code (procedures) which are often referred to as macros in Excel, but not Access.
As I said, i have no idea, i don't undestand what you are telling me. But thanks i supose.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:24
If you're saying you have no idea what a report is then maybe you need to contract out your task or learn the basics. My philosophy on forums is that I will help those who try but are struggling. If you cannot even try then you don't need help, you need someone to do it for you and it looks like you want that done for free. That's not me. If I've misunderstood then I apologize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom