Help !! Table disappeared completely (1 Viewer)

GregoireLeGros

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:22
I have a database of 7000 records. It is split into front and back end. There are 3 users. Today a table vanished completely. The filesize in Windows explorer is 1mb though a backup from a few days ago was 3mb.
Has anyone had this experience before and is there anything I can do to get the table back again. Any help much appreciated.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Have you got "compact on closed" switched on?

Could one of your users have gained access to the table and deleted it?

As far as I am aware if a table, or indeed even a record are deleted you cannot recover them.

GregoireLeGros

Registered User.
Local time
Hi
I've begun to accept that I wont get the data back. I'm puzzled though as to how it happened. None of our users has the knowledge to delete a table. The database froze though while 5 people were working in it. It seems Access is not so good at multi user.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 10:22
Local time
Today, 12:22
Confusion here, and it does matter. You said in your OP that there were 3 users and that the DB was split. You said later that there were 5 users in it at once. The inconsistency and the nature of the problem, along with the oddity of having a table with 7K records that is 3M in size lead me to believe that you're not telling us the whole story.

1. Is the db split?
2. If yes, do each of the "5" users have their own copy of the front end on their own pc (not networked)? (That means there are 6 copies of some kind of DB running)
3. Did you check to make sure the table isn't still in the BE but just the link is broken?
4. If you cannot check #3 or don't understand it, see #1.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
None of our users has the knowledge to delete a table.

Now that made me laugh.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
It seems Access is not so good at multi user.

Oh yes it is! (Sorry I know it's not Christmas yet)

MS access is excellent with multi users if it's set up properly. You need the "back end" (tables) on the server somewhere. And you need a "front end" (forms queries reports) for each person using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom