Help to import variable file with date in file name (1 Viewer)

lookforsmt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:14
yes i have both the files in the folder. /nothing happens in the immediate window after hitting ?bothpaths

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:14
You must either have the folder path wrong, the files aren't there, or else the files are named differently than we discussed.
What are your two existing file names now?
You have to do it while the code is still in Break mode, with the yellow offending line of code highlighted..

I just tested my code again, it worked correctly. See the attached and pay close attention to the TestFunction sub and the comments.
Testing 20200702 find file_folder source.jpg

Testing 20200702 find file.jpg

Attachments

• Testing 20200702_2.accdb
    356 KB · Views: 96

lookforsmt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:14
files are correctly named, outwardsort_260520 & onussort_260520. not sure where i am making the mistake,

thankyou for you help. since i have your testing file, i will try and replicate my project in that and try to play it tomorrow morning.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
files are correctly named, outwardsort_260520 & onussort_260520. not sure where i am making the mistake,
I think it might be a case sensitive comparison.

Try changing
If Left(fsoFile.Name, 11) = "OutwardSort" And (Len(fsoFile.Name) = 22) Then
to
If Left(lcase(fsoFile.Name), 11) = "outwardsort" And (Len(fsoFile.Name) = 22) Then

and
If Left(fsoFile.Name, 8) = "OnusSort" And (Len(fsoFile.Name) = 19) Then
to
If Left(lcase(fsoFile.Name), 8) = "onussort" And (Len(fsoFile.Name) = 19) Then

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:14
@pisorsisaac@gmail.co - does your code allow for file path spaces? Maybe the OP's file path(s) has them.
Sorry, I didn't download or study the code; even then, I've not seen the problem path(s) either, but just trying to help.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Good thought, but when I tested mine it was with a folder with spaces in the name. Should work . I think the latest problem was with the case sensitive comparison

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:14
That would mean OP has set db Option Compare as "Binary" or has no setting?
(defaults to Binary if not set)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yes I believe you're right. I didn't want to suggest he change it to option compare text, I figured the less "sweeping" solution would just be the lower case conversion that I recently posted. That way it doesn't mess up anything else they already have going.
I should have caught that issue earlier when I was posting my code at first but I guess I took the requirements bit too literally

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom