Help with Form that draws from multiple tables (1 Viewer)

Bloodrayne

Newbie-rrific!
Local time
Today, 08:37
Hi all,

I've been working on a database on and off for a while now, and am at the point where I've entered some test data and want to develop forms so I can display this neatly as opposed to as in a table.

For one of the forms I would like it to list Company name, and then details of the project that they've bid for, and those that they've won - I am currently having no luck in the data appearing from the other tables - could someone suggest what typical newbie mistake I could be making?

I had assumed that with a form I could draw from multiple tables, and as long as the data was linked throughout the database (which it seems to be!) that it should be displayed on the form.

Any pointers appreciated.

EDIT: And no sooner than I press post than I have a thought; my database links Company Name to places within a Consortium and then ConsortiumID to BidID and then that to the ProjectID - there's no direct link between Companies and contracts; could that be where I'm going wrong?

I'm away from my PC for much of the day now so won't have time to try anything; but perhaps if any of the above makes sense somebody may have a notion of where I've gone wrong!

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:37
Yes, you can use multipple tables as the forms RecordSource, you just need to create a query that uses those tables and then base the form off the query. Have a look at...

A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP)...
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

...skip to the part about forms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom