Help with macro in web app (1 Viewer)

GingGangGoo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:58
In my web app I have contact table / list for associates of my organization, staff, volunteers, clients. I need another table for a specific kind of contact, call these potential clients, some of whom will never be added to the associate table, but that I still need to track, some but not all of the data for these is the same. Now, when I want to add one of these "temporary folks" to my associate table, I think the way to do it is to add a macro to the list and/or datasheet view of the potential contacts table which opens the associate table list view and lets me add a new record. The macro I need help with would fill in the blank record where the data would be the same, i.e. firstname, last name, etc.
I realize that in Native Access, all of this would be accomplished using other means so that stuff wasn't stored twice, but in the web app, I am not able to use vba, or append table queries, etc.

Appreciate help here, I was starting to learn some vba but am not much knowledgeable on macros.

GingGangGoo

Registered User.
Local time
Personally I would leave the client table alone. I understand you have temporary folks. I might add a check box field to my table called archive. When you are finished with a client simply check the box and make the record invisible.

Actually, I already do that from the main contact table when a person is no longer part of our organization. What I need to do is partially automate adding a specific kind of contact to that main table, while keeping a table of them for another purpose. Like this, Susie Kabloozy calls us to get information, I have to track her from that point, sometimes she becomes part of the organization, sometimes not, but I still need a record of her initial contact, her name and some other info that I don't want in my main table because this is a "one" record of a specific event. From that point, if or when she "joins", I need to add her to our main table, and at point as a regular contact, we add other info, like address, organizational role, etc. I realize at doing this I will have the same person's info, or part of it stored in two places, but this is the best way I can think of accomplishing the two different task.

GingGangGoo

Registered User.
Local time
Actually I agree with you, I was looking at it from a weird angle, and I when I stepped back, I can see your point. If I enter everyone as a contact in the contact table, perhaps what I need is a related table object to enter the first contact data for that contact which stores the data separately in a table containing just that? That table would have contactId, meeting date, etc. So contact info would be one table, and "event" data, the initial encounter would be another? Am I on the right track yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom