Help with my schema (1 Viewer)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:54
from your image, can't see that frm_pat is open. What you appear to have is effectively a subform on frmStud which might be your frm_pat. However no idea how you might reference it since it is not a true subform. If it was the reference would be something like

forms!frm_stud.form.nameofsubformcontrol.form.studyid_pk

or

parent.nameofsubformcontrol.form.studyid_pk

FlagDay1987

Local time
Hi CJ_London,

The form with 'D_Pete' etc on is the frm_pat. I thought it was a subform but maybe not. I built it separately then dragged it onto frm_stud and added the link fields. Do i need to do something different to make it a true subform?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
what you are showing is what are called subdatasheets. They are not forms. Most developers don't use them because of the lack of control and flexibility plus they are a drag on performance

You might be able to do by setting relationships and ensuring you have specified the subdatasheet name in the query properties - in which case you should not need the criteria, jus

otherwise use a continuous form (not a datasheet) and put the subform in the form header or footer. You may find when you do this access changes the form back to a single form. In which case just change back to a continuous form.

since you have multiple levels, repeat for the third level, or you will need code

FlagDay1987

Local time
what you are showing is what are called subdatasheets. They are not forms. Most developers don't use them because of the lack of control and flexibility plus they are a drag on performance

You might be able to do by setting relationships and ensuring you have specified the subdatasheet name in the query properties - in which case you should not need the criteria, jus

otherwise use a continuous form (not a datasheet) and put the subform in the form header or footer. You may find when you do this access changes the form back to a single form. In which case just change back to a continuous form.

since you have multiple levels, repeat for the third level, or you will need code
Thankyou. I may need some time to read through, digest and contextualise what you have suggested. This is taxing my brain somewhat!:)

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Is the following the display you are after?

Attachments

• Patients.JPG
    Patients.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 106

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:54
Looks like the form name is frm_stud rather than frm_pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom