Help with this error "The database you are trying to open requires a newer version of Microsoft Access" (1 Viewer)

Abeetan

Local time
Today, 22:20
Hello,

I am getting the following error on my colleague's PC, whereas, on my PC, the database doesn't open once I double click on it. It just shows the temporary file underneath the main Access file and doesn't open up. I have to Task Manager and "End Task" for MS Access.

"The database you are trying to open requires a newer version of Microsoft Access"

I am using the subscription-based access version (Up-to-date), I believe my other colleague is using the 2019 Access version.
1641900175930.png

Note: I don't get the above error message, only my colleague does, however, this is what I am experiencing with the current database on my PC, it freezes and doesn't open. I have another database that is very similar to the one above, no issues whatsoever.

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:20
does your colleage has old version of Ms access?
if you developed it on New version, some system tables
of new version will not be recognized on old version.

Abeetan

Local time
does your colleage has old version of Ms access?
if you developed it on New version, some system tables
of new version will not be recognized on old version.
He is using the 2019 version.

arnelgp

Local time
maybe you have corrupt[pt db.

arnelgp

Local time
can you post it here for analysis or if you can upload it to dropbox or google drive or one drive and paste the link here.

Abeetan

Local time
I can't upload it. It contains sensitive private data for my company. However, it seems that it happens especially when I hold down the shift key to by pass security.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:20

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:20
which leads to the question "Is the database split?"

Abeetan

Local time
Update: The database works perfectly on my end. When I open it once, it works, then when I try to open it after I closed it, I get this.
1641977034938.png

The database won't open (This is the back end of the database) I have to go to task manager and end task for MS Access then I can open the database again. This keeps happening.

ZKHADI

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:20
i also faced that problem. same version of Office 2016 i made file and after new window it doesnt work. so i repaired file with stellarphonex access repair software. then everything worked well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom