Helping mothers in crisis (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:34
I really like this heartwarming story about all the good that these pregnancy crisis centers across the country are doing for young moms. This story is amazing!

It really puts it in perspective as far as this MYTH that you hear propagated by liberals that "conservatives only want to ban abortion but don't care about the life of people". On the contrary for decades they have been helping others in crisis and this is a great example just one of hundreds of these type of places all across the nation. Most conservatives I know donate regularly to places like this.

I like how they even give her a legal team when CPS tried to take the child.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:34
Since you brought up the subject of young mothers, I will remind folks in the USA that today is the USA's observed Mother's Day. It started about 110 years ago in our country. At this time it is estimated that 40+ countries observe some kind of special day of remembrance and respect for mothers. Critics complain about how commercialized it has gotten. My response to those critics is "what in this world has NOT gotten far too commercialized? Enjoy it for the sentiment and then spend money on Mom anyway. She's worth it."

My wife has gotten visits, phone calls, and cards in the mail from her kids and grandkids. My contribution was to go for take-out so that she didn't have to cook anything for lunch. That way, she can hit the old recliner, turn on the TV, and promptly take a nap while working on her crossword puzzles - a perfect solution for a day that is too hot for outside activities.

I lost my mother in 1987 due to complications from kidney failure compounded by Alzheimer's Disease. I still miss her - but I miss her even more on special days like this one. She is buried two states away so it is a bit much to visit her grave right now.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:34
+1 for Mother's Day. Moms and Dads are special and yesterday (and a few days prior to it, in Mexico), we recognize the special and UNIQUE contribution of Moms. I'm also thankful for my Mom, who poured so much love, sometimes tough love, into me that gave me a foundation on which I could choose to make good decisions and have a good life. She was an excellent example of a good wife and mother. She maximized her strengths, respected my father, loved us and taught us very much. Sorry for your loss Doc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom