Here we go again - He who counts determines the winner (1 Viewer)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:59
And you don't believe they do any of those things ?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Not in my town. I've asked.

If they do do it, they should publish the results. Given the ways that elections can be manipulated, why would you not be in favor of disclosing verifiable counts and cross checks? Or do you believe that elections cannot be manipulated? The fact is that many districts "find" boxes of ballots well after election day. There is no chain of custody. No explanation regarding why the count of outstanding ballots is being altered. Not to mention the bad voter rolls and no ID requirement to vote in many places.

As I said earlier, even if you don't tally the votes immediately, every counting facility should have a pretty close approximation of how many ballots it needs to count because they should know approximately how many fit into a container and how many containers they have. But even here, they should have an exact count rather than an approximation. I'm just giving them a little wiggle room. The Post Office can give them an exact count of ballots delivered to them and if they use drop boxes, the ballots should be counted as they are fed into the box. Or, if the box can't count on insert, manually counted as they are removed.

There are way too many districts around the country that cannot reconcile voters with ballots in the in-person locations which is separate from the mail-in problem.

Would you ever deliver an application that dealt with money or inventory or anything your client wanted to count that had fluid totals? I certainly wouldn't. Would you allow your bank to give you a statement that didn't balance? I once worked through a Christmas party going on around me with a co-worker as we tried to find a small discrepancy in an insurance premium application. The amount of the discrepancy was irrelevant. We needed to find out what caused it. We did find it and the discrepancy actually swung ~ $3,000 dollars (in our test data) but ended up netting to a $12.03 difference.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Given the ways that elections can be manipulated, ...
  • Consider that Democrats do not want integrity in the election process.
  • They mail unsolicited ballots to everyone. Creates a massive surplus of uncontrolled ballots. These ballots could be fraudulently completed.
  • They do not want voter verification.
  • Same day registration is a "doorway" for fraudulent voting.
  • They do not want the voter roles cleaned.
  • They want the receipt of ballots to be allowed, even after the voting deadline.
  • They are promoting ballot harvesting. So how do we know if the person collecting the ballots ends up tossing all Republican ballots in a trash can and only turning in the Democrat ballots?
  • They want automatic voter registration at the time a person gets a drivers license. So how do we know if this person is legally qualified to vote?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Not in my town. I've asked.
Here it is. https://ctemspublic.pcctg.net/#/voterTurnout

Lousy turnout BTW.

stratford.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If they don't post the numbers in the ballot universe BEFORE the election, they can manipulate them after. I'm not suggesting that they do, only that they can. I don't think we had any "found" boxes this year that changed the outcome but we have in the past. Bridgeport is especially famous for that tactic. Logan was well ahead when the polls closed and even through Thursday but ended up losing by < 500 votes. Maybe some boxes were "found" but they weren't talking about it on TV. I'll bet he's sorry he was listed in two places on the ballot. He stole votes from himself. If he had been there only once, he would have won by 2,000 votes:(

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:59
Clearly Pat Hartman wants Republicans in charge of the count.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Galaxiom Apparently you gloss over the parts where I call the Republicans feckless pieces of dog poo. It is their fault we're in the trouble we are in. They can't stand up against the crazy things the Democrats want to do. They are too afraid of being called racists. Yes, I will vote for the Republicans because the Democrats are pushing us hard into poverty and complete dependence on the government and at this point, there is no third party that can challenge either of them.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I feel the world constricting around me. Carlin was absolutely right. Choice has become an illusion. I remember the push for "choice" back in the late 90's that surrounded electric generation vs distribution. Obviously the distribution is done over wires and so you can't really have multiple distribution options unless you want to live in a world choked with wires. But you "can" have "choice" with generation companies and now third party resellers. The push was by large consumers of electricity like manufacturing companies and huge office building owners. These people used enough power to actually negotiate rates if they were freed from the hard-wired generation company/distribution company employed at the time. So they convinced the idiots in our legislature that this would be "good" for the public. Well turns out they were wrong. Electric rates are sky high. Sikorsky and the other big manufactures get good rates because they get to negotiate. I get to chose from a list that hardly varies. However, one city in the state owned their own power plant and so they didn't have to divest themselves of their generation capability. They pay about 60% as much as the rest of the state.

Our distribution company used to get us the best rate available and apparently did pretty well at keeping prices down because it has been up up and away since the legislature forced the divestiture on the peons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom