Hi Everybody (1 Viewer)

gokyo66

Local time
Today, 05:48
Hi Everybody. I think my first contact with Acces has been with ver. 95. I used to work a lot and I made such a great experience with it. Things then changed (from the top) and I've to start new technologies more oriented to the web.

Now for a new project I decided to try back Access and even thought at the beginning I was a little lost (I'm using Access in the Office 365 suit) I fast get the grip on the new version with the new features. What I did so far I did it without basically write so much code, in fact very little. The same project (an intranet webapp) I was doing with Laravel and Vue take me so much time a so much lines of code that I couldn't belive that I almost replicated the same project in less than 2 weeks (still not finished but I'm almost there).

I'm not a full time developer and I'm not working for some IT company, I'm a manager within a company that is distributor in the food-packaging industry, so probably I'm not so skilled as you guys, but from my experience sometime is better stick with what somebody could consider old style fashion insted of switch to some new framework or technology.

Don't get me wrong Laravel and Vue for me are truly amazing, I will still use them, but let say ...use the right tool for the work you need to do

You alreday help me, since I today I was stuck and I found this website that solve me the issue in 5min tops.
So thnx everybody.... seeya around

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:48
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:48
Hello, gokyo66.

I agree with you - the right tool for the right job is a REALLY good and practical attitude. Access isn't always right, but when it IS the right choice, you can't beat it.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:48
Welcome to the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom