Hiding access 2007 (1 Viewer)

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:17
Hi can anyone setup the hide the ms access scripts for me if possible.
Using 2007 thanks.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Hi can anyone setup the hide the ms access scripts for me if possible.
Using 2007 thanks.

Do you mean you want to Hide the VBA code?

If you do then you can do this by creating an ACCDE version of your database.

Last edited:

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
So when the data base is open only the form is shown and access itself is hidden. Sorry only a beginner.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 18:17
So when the data base is open only the form is shown and access itself is hidden. Sorry only a beginner.

A beginner should not be trying this. I can tell you that it is possible to do but it is a pain in the @$$ to manage. Do yourself a favor - don't go there. I stopped trying to do the same thing 9 years ago and it is much better. If you want a program, build it in VB/C# etc. But if it is Access - live with the window. It is Access.

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

i use something similar on my program www.splashbuilder.co.uk

mine doesnt hide the access window, it minimizes it which is different. the problem with hiding it is you could in fact hide it and not be able to retrieve it which i think is what Bob was advising.

the only drawback with minimizing it is you can click the start bar icon ofr your program and the window will re-appear however, setting up the code right will minimize the window for only your form to appear as mine does.

nidge

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
Ok thanks thats brilliant will give that a go.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:17
By hiding or minimising the Access window you would be in breach of the licencing agreement of Access RunTime 2007.

From the Access Runtime 2007 licence agreement for distributors (my emphasis added):

* keep the status bar containing the statement "Powered by Microsoft Office Access" displayed in your user interface to be viewed by users at all times;
* identify Microsoft as the source of the Microsoft Office Access 2007 Runtime software in your programs' About Box;
* distribute the Microsoft Office logo as part of and as it appears in the Microsoft Office Access 2007 Runtime software without any changes to it;

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 20:17
Ok thanks thats brilliant will give that a go.
bigman,

if I may chime in, I hide the window for only one program I wrote, but the only thing I ever see when the program runs are the forms. nothing else. the background is my desktop, not the access window. here is my AutoExec Macro if interested:

action = "runcode"
procedure = fAccessWindow ("minimize", false, false) here's the coding:
Code:
Option Compare Database
**************DECLARATIONS SECTION**********************

Private Declare Function IsWindowVisible Lib "user32" _
                          (ByVal hWnd As Long) As Long
Dim dwReturn As Long

Const SW_HIDE = 0
Const SW_SHOWNORMAL = 1
Const SW_SHOWMINIMIZED = 2
Const SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED = 3

Private Declare Function ShowWindow Lib "user32" _
    (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal nCmdShow As Long) As Long

'****************************************

'USE THIS PROCEDURE TO SHOW OR HIDE THE ACCESS PROGRAM WINDOW
Public Function fAccessWindow(Optional Procedure As String, _
                   Optional SwitchStatus As Boolean, _
                   Optional StatusCheck As Boolean) As Boolean

If Procedure = "Hide" Then
    dwReturn = ShowWindow(Application.hWndAccessApp, SW_HIDE)
End If
If Procedure = "Show" Then
    dwReturn = ShowWindow(Application.hWndAccessApp, SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)
End If
If Procedure = "Minimize" Then
    dwReturn = ShowWindow(Application.hWndAccessApp, SW_SHOWMINIMIZED)
End If
If SwitchStatus = True Then
    If IsWindowVisible(hWndAccessApp) = 1 Then
        dwReturn = ShowWindow(Application.hWndAccessApp, SW_HIDE)
    Else
        dwReturn = ShowWindow(Application.hWndAccessApp, SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)
    End If
End If
If StatusCheck = True Then
    If IsWindowVisible(hWndAccessApp) = 0 Then
        fAccessWindow = False
    End If
    If IsWindowVisible(hWndAccessApp) = 1 Then
        fAccessWindow = True
    End If
End If

End Function

dbDamo

Registered User.
Local time
thebigman - I did try to add this code to the Database you provided but for some reason I couldn't get it to work, it didn't like the mcrHide macro. I was using a trial version of Access 2007, so perhaps it has limited functionality.

Having now had my first look at 2007 I have to say I don't like it very much. It seems a bit all over the place and not as clean as my current version, 2002.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Having now had my first look at 2007 I have to say I don't like it very much. It seems a bit all over the place and not as clean as my current version, 2002.

It doesn't take very long to get familiar with 2007. I would not want to go back to the old style. You can run the Ribbon minimised a lot of the time.

It has some important advantages, particluarly much better filltering options.

dbDamo

Registered User.
Local time
I'm sure there are benefits to upgrading and I'm sure it wouldn't take long to get used to, it just looks a bit cheery and bright (real Databases should be dull and grey!!) and like I said things seem to be scattered all over the place.

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
By hiding or minimising the Access window you would be in breach of the licencing agreement of Access RunTime 2007.

From the Access Runtime 2007 licence agreement for distributors (my emphasis added):

* keep the status bar containing the statement "Powered by Microsoft Office Access" displayed in your user interface to be viewed by users at all times;
* identify Microsoft as the source of the Microsoft Office Access 2007 Runtime software in your programs' About Box;
* distribute the Microsoft Office logo as part of and as it appears in the Microsoft Office Access 2007 Runtime software without any changes to it;

Hi

if this is truly the case, why do they give us the options to turn them off?

nidge

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
if this is truly the case, why do they give us the options to turn them off?

I assure you it is written in the licence agreement. However you are quite entitled to design an application that supresses the window provided you don't bundle your application with the runtime. This would be for distribution to licenced Access users. They have paid for Access so are friends of MS.

It is the distribution of the Runtime that demands the information be shown.

Of course you could make a trivial application bundled with runtime and then provide a separate application that just happened to use it too. In this licence agreement you make the end user agree to only use it on a full version of Access.;) It then technically becomes their problem.

But then MS does have a lot of lawyers on their staff and I wouldn't want to have to argue the point with them.:eek:

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Gal

I don't doubt you for a second. Just seems odd that they let you turn off the very thing they require you to show!!

I guess there os no harm in making a mock or fake status bar with the text "Powered by Access Runtime" or whatever their line is if you did suppress the window?

You would be afterall, still providing the user with their runtime slogan.

Nidge

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
SO.
Getting a bit confusing now.
I would be better off using the splashbuilder and thats that.

And displaying the agreement. Would that not be the best solution to keep everyone happy. Especialy me. :D

Also what is a ACCDE

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

yes, you are getting confused. im not saying use my program at all but rather saying i use a similar method to what you are looking for. my program starts without opening the main db window thus only showing the form. my program only assists in making splash screens and nothing more....

an accde is thecompiled version of your accdb. you will do this in database tools tab within access. it prevents access to the code side and lets you reduce certain access to buttons that you dont want access to.

Nidge

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
Ok then

Just to make the form appear on the screen and have your own flash screen. That is all iwanted so that the user doesnt mess about with anything. If the splashbuilder does that then that is what i would want.

Is it your programme and if so is there any other way to buy it like a bank transfer etc.

You can pm if need be thanks.

thebigman

Registered User.
Local time
Ok then

Just to make the form appear on the screen and have your own flash screen. That is all iwanted so that the user doesnt mess about with anything. If the splashbuilder does that then that is what i would want.

Is it your programme and if so is there any other way to buy it like a bank transfer etc.

You can pm if need be thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom