Holiday calanders (1 Viewer)

suepowell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:44
Hi,
I want to use holiday information stored in a table to produce a yearly or monthly holiday / availability calander, so I can see at a glance who is available.
I don't want to use Outlook if I can help it as this info is in the main business database, I just want to be able to create a report with this type of format.
Does anyone know if this is possible, or if there is a third party addin out there I could get hold of.
If not I shall have to use automation into outlook, possible but more complex.

Thanks

Freddy

Abort, Retry or Ignore?
Local time
Today, 04:44
Having said that, you might not be interested in this option.

It reminds me of a workaround microsoft posted for outlook where holidays past a certain year didn't migrate over to the newest version. The solution was to edit a text file that stored the holiday information.

I was shocked that it would be a plain text file, but though it could be convenient in situations where you wanted to distribute things like work schedules without retyping into outlook.

Sorry for the lack of details, but if you're interested, I'll hunt for the article.

suepowell

Registered User.
Local time
Yes please, it might be easier than the ways I have thought of so far

Thanks

Freddy

Abort, Retry or Ignore?
Local time
Today, 04:44
From the microsoft web site:

180985 - OL98: How to Customize Outlook Calendar Holidays

http:// support.microsoft.com / default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B180985

Summary: This article describes how to customize the pre-defined Calendar holidays in Microsoft Outlook 98. The technique involves modifying the Outlook.txt file that stores the holidays for the active calendar.

Category = Support & the Knowledge Base: SUPPORT - default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B180985

Hope it helps.

suepowell

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks
I am not sure it i exactly what i'm looking for but it might be a way in.

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom