Hotel Reservation style database HELP required!! (1 Viewer)

E

excellentsol

I am trying to design a databse for a Language School that have Groups of students from abroad that stay with local families during their 2-4 week stays.

I have already worked out most things with the database, Flights, Transport, Groups, Students, Hosts, Unavailable Dates etc. But I have hit a snag. Firstly I cannot see a way to list whether an accomodation is available on a certain date and cannot think how to achieve this.

The 'reservation' side of the database is more comlicated than I anticipated!!! If it had been Student A stays with Host B for the whole period then I probably wouldn't need help but......

For example; Mrs Smith (A Host) has 3 rooms available in August and only 2 rooms the rest of the year, she will also be unable to have any students in September. Joe Bloggs (a student) is on a return visit and wants to stay with the same Host, however, that host will not be available for the first few days of his visit.

The closest comparison I can make would be a hotel reservation database, where it would be necessary to see which rooms are available and allocate a student to that room. I anyone has a working example of one it would really help.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. Do I need some sort of calendar as a table? Or just a table to store the results/dates?

Steve
Excel expert - Access novice!!

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:00
In my opinion you should use the table to store the results/dates.
How about chk boxes............ to see which rooms are available and allocate a student to that room.

Just thinking out loud. I think you are going into the right direction.

Iam trying to figure out just what are you trying to achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom