how affordable is your city? (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Yesterday, 22:56
per LinkedIn and a survey company, Pittsburg is the place to be if you're middle income:

how is it where you live? Here in Iowa City the housing market sucks terribly, because they can r a p e people on price just like they r a p e students on college campus.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
New Orleans isn't so bad, price-wise, and has great food. But schools aren't necessarily so great, either, so if you want to enroll your kids in a private or parochial school, prices go up. On the other hand, I was the product of a purely public education and didn't turn out totally stupid. Not totally.

conception_native_0123

Local time
I was the product of a purely public education and didn't turn out totally stupid. Not totally.
I seem to remember you telling me that I might be smarter than you. and I too, am the product of the public education system. so things can't be that bad! =)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As to which of us is smarter, it's a bet I wouldn't take - but not for lack of confidence. Strictly for lack of need. To quote the Black Widow from the Avengers: Age of Ultron movie, "It's a question I don't need answered."

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 20:56
It used to be very affordable here, but now a decent 3bd2ba in a safe suburb is near a half million. I guess it's the price we paid for being the fastest growing city in the USA.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
The price of homes is going up quickly around here. Hopefully I can take advantage of it next year as I plan to retire and move out of the state.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The price of homes is going up quickly around here. Hopefully I can take advantage of it next year as I plan to retire and move out of the state.
I think you have mentioned you live in northern California? Where are you looking to move and why. If you don't mind me asking, I am always interested in where Californians are moving. I live in southern California myself.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
This article shows some places where things are perhaps a bit cheaper. None of the cities on the "most affordable" list are on the west coast.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I think you have mentioned you live in northern California? Where are you looking to move and why. If you don't mind me asking, I am always interested in where Californians are moving. I live in southern California myself.
Planning to go back to Missouri where I spent 26 years. Miss the seasons (except for the extremes). We hope to be near a lake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom