How many genders are there? How many should there be? (2 Viewers)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 16:54
God changed after the Great Flood by making the "promise of the rainbow."
hmmmmm.....REALLY? rainbows are actually nice looking!

I believe you are cherry-picking, too. The quote included a comment about sitting in Heaven forever at the side of God but with nothing to do other than worship His glory.

I don't remember the quote exactly. got a link so we both can have a ref?

Saphirah

Local time
Today, 23:54
gosh I hope not. you DID say that I was entertaining. so good for me! not a negative mark!
I really enjoyed reading the discussion until conception_native_0123 joined.
Since then the whole thread has just been accusations, offenses and personal stuff. I think your name is Adam right? The problem with your style of argumentation is that you try to get a reaction out of people by offending them, and later claiming you did not talk about them. You go very personal, and this ruins any interesting discussion. So if you can not argue factual then please refrain from joining these discussions in the future.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:54
The problem with your style of argumentation is that you try to get a reaction out of people by offending them, and later claiming you did not talk about them. You go very personal, and this ruins any interesting discussion. So if you can not argue factual then please refrain from joining these discussions in the future

That's Spot on!

A bit of background information for you on Adam. Adam has been trolling the forum for years now, he is banned frequently, but always comes back to do exactly what you describe.

As you can see from my signature I have used the forums ignore feature so that I don't have to tolerate his nonsense anymore!

It might be an option that you might like to consider.

Last edited:

Saphirah

Local time
Today, 23:54
That's Spot on!

A bit of background information for you on Adam. Adam has been trolling the forum for years now, he is banned frequently, but always comes back to do exactly what you describe.

As you can see from my signature I have used the forums ignore feature so that I don't have to tolerate his nonsense anymore!

It might be an option that you might like to consider.
Then why do you allow him to partake in the discussion?
If you see Adam is trolling just ban him/remove him from this thread.
When Adam is trolling and people get mad it is his joy. If you ban him after having a emotional discussion, then he sees this as a success, and will create another account.
But when he is silenced instantly, when his posts are just removed, what can he do?

I do not want to forbid innocent people who might get emotional to speak, so i see the problem in this statement. But if Adam has a long history of trolling the forum, why should we allow him to partake in the discussion?
#DontFeedTheTrolls

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 17:54
When Adam is trolling and people get mad it is his joy. If you ban him after having a emotional discussion, then he sees this as a success, and will create another account.
But when he is silenced instantly, when his posts are just removed, what can he do?

I do not want to forbid innocent people who might get emotional to speak, so i see the problem in this statement. But if Adam has a long history of trolling the forum, why should we allow him to partake in the discussion?
#DontFeedTheTrolls
Asked and answered. There has been MUCH discussion about this in other Forums that not all members are privy to. Best thing to so is either ignore whatever his current UserName is or simply exercise some personal restraint and ignore it as you would a grumpy 2 year old.

Trying to reason with him is like wrestling a pig - YOU get dirty, the pig likes it.

Mod edit: Ignore meaning click the Ignore button so you don't see the posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:54

#DontFeedTheTrolls

Saphirah, I speak now as a moderator to respond to your comment, as well as a member who has been around for over 20 years on this forum.

We have banned Adam several times in the past under not less than three and maybe as many as five or six names over a period of over 10 years. After a while we lose track. Though he denies it, he is a true example of a lonely Internet troll whose only APPARENT stimulation involves making a controversial comment to try to show how clever he is (usually failing in the attempt), then he will duck and cover (or evade) whenever someone calls him down for the abysmal stupidity of his approach. He will cover himself by saying that he was misunderstood or will deny specific intent.

It is in our power to ban him, but our site owner Jon is a believer in generally open discussions. Jon has asked us to avoid permanent bans with VERY rare exceptions. Other sites have responded similarly, as Adam has been banned from more than one technical site in the last five years.

In the past, when we banned Adam's incarnation often enough, he would just slink away for a while and come back under a new name. Since we welcome new members openly, his return presents us with the ultimate dilemma - should we restrict membership or should we continue to take that chance that a new member is actually going to be a good person? We WANT to be an inclusionary group but Adam sometimes makes us wonder about our openness policy.

In his current incarnation, he even did something VERY difficult - he masked his writing style well enough to fool me by pretending to be a non-native speaker of English. But then he picked a couple of "dead giveaway" topics and revealed himself. My problem in this case is that I promised him I would not ban him for stupidity in the Watercooler. He has given me ammunition in other threads though, and his clock is ticking.

@conception_native_0123 - Adam, your abrasive style is about as welcome as a dyspeptic dragon with acid reflux. The moderators are watching and are fed up with you. One more technical interaction that causes negative feedback and you'll be on an involuntary hiatus. And my promise about the Watercooler was MINE alone. The other moderators have made no such "Watercooler" promise, so if one of them chooses to whack you for this one, don't be surprised. I will not solicit them to do so, but any moderator who wants to ban you certain has enough justification.

The worst part is that you always bring it on yourself. Do you have a martyr complex? If so, let me know. Next time, I'll bring the tar and feathers.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:54
For Uncle :p

1621630871954.png

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:54
My favorite discussion on this topic...

Get `em Ben
It is funny (but ok by me) that you eschew the conservative label. :cool:

ps, I meant that in the nicest and most harmless teasing kind of way. I do understand that it is pretty normal nowadays for people not to want to identify overly with labels, which I understand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom