How to activate a ribbon? (1 Viewer)

D_Walla

Local time
Today, 09:50
Hi - sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Monday was... well... Monday! :)
So I tried again earlier and wasn't getting anywhere, then on a hunch, I went and changed the tab name (id, etc) from Home to (randomly) "Website". It now seems to work...

I can't claim that I fully understand why/what/how, but I guess that the issue is the use of the word 'Home'. You can see it working in the attached animated GIF, where I have it cycling through the tabs a pause in between. I also attach the revised ACCDB file for you to check that it works on your system too.

ActivateTab.gif

Attachments

• TestRibbon_DW.accdb
    828 KB · Views: 139

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:50
So I tried again earlier and wasn't getting anywhere, then on a hunch, I went and changed the tab name (id, etc) from Home to (randomly) "Website". It now seems to work...

I can't claim that I fully understand why/what/how, but I guess that the issue is the use of the word 'Home'. You can see it working in the attached animated GIF, where I have it cycling through the tabs a pause in between. I also attach the revised ACCDB file for you to check that it works on your system too.

View attachment 99886
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
  1. Click the Ribbon Display Options icon on the top-right corner of your document. ...
  2. In the menu that opens, click Show Tabs and Commands to show the Ribbon with all tabs and full commands. ...
  3. Click Show Tabs to display the Ribbon tabs without the commands.
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Did it work?
To be honest, I didn't even know what you were talking about? Like, what "document?" I don't see a "Display Options" icon on my Access application.

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 18:50

@D_Walla I think there's a misunderstanding here.
My question was how to activate a ribbon.
Your gif & your submitted sample file in #21 is activating a tab in an already selected ribbon. You're not changing ribbons.
My app has two ribbon. OrdersRibbon will be selected when the database launches. Now when I open a report, I need to add ReportsRibbon and activate it.

D_Walla

Local time
To be honest, I didn't even know what you were talking about? Like, what "document?" I don't see a "Display Options" icon on my Access application.
That wasn't me - that was Danishtj who was discussing Display Options at post #23.

D_Walla

Local time
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.
Again, here, you're replying to my comment, but it's not project, and I didn't get it sorted. I believe you're thinking of someone else?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Again, here, you're replying to my comment, but it's not project, and I didn't get it sorted. I believe you're thinking of someone else?
Ah, sorry about that. Please ignore my earlier posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom