How to add avery template to Access (1 Viewer)

got_access:]

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:51
Hi All,
I've noticed my Access 2016 only appears to have one label template.
What I see there now is called "Label1"and its size parameters are 1.00" x 1.50"

I'm assuming Microsoft provides a source for downloading and installing Avery labels?

Thanks in advance!

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:51
I have no idea if label templates can be downloaded and added to Access (doubt it). However, templates are not necessary. This is just a wizard to help building a specialized report.

A "labels" object is just a report. You can modify as you see fit.

I see what looks like couple hundred label templates in Access 2010, many of which are Avery. Perhaps MS decided to quit trying to keep up with the variety of manufacturer products.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:51
Avery label templates aren't (or at least weren't when I tried them over 10 years ago) designed to be importable to Access.

Have you contacted Avery to see whether they now supply an add-in?

I created my own reports to fit Avery labels L7160 (7x3) and L7163 (7x2).
You just need to create reports that are the exact size of whatever labels you want to use

got_access:]

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:51
Oh I see - you just make your own customized labels and then name them using the standard avery number system.

Interesting!

I have a business I visit occasionally and they have a number of Access installs which all include labels which I'm told are according to the avery number/naming system.

So I assumed label templates were downloadable.

Thanks

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:51
The 'label' formats came with earlier Access versions - as noted in my previous post, there are a lot.

You can name the report whatever makes sense to you.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:51
I guess it's been a while since I made new labels. It sure was convenient to have the Avery form numbers to pick from. Oh well, as the others have said, you can make your own.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:51
I've also not needed to do this for several years. However, I've just checked in both A2010 & A2019(365). The label wizard still contains a HUGE number of labels you can use to make your reports. This is a tiny part of the available list:

Attachments

• LabelWizard.PNG
    LabelWizard.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 491

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom