How to call a query from within another query (1 Viewer)

wgma

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:04
I have two queries. One returns a list of numbers and I would like the other one to use that list in the where statement.

Here is the query

SELECT WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYSSN, WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYLCL, WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM.EMP1ST, WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM.EMPMID, WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM.EMPLST, WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM.EMPSUF, SUM(WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYFND) AS TotHrs
FROM WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY INNER JOIN WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM ON WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYSSN=WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM.EMPSSN
WHERE (((WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYLCL)=24) AND (NOT (WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYOCC) In (122,124,321)) AND ((WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYTDT) Between 20061001 And 20070930)) AND WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYSSN IN (
qryCertifiedTruckDriversAllLocalsSSNOnly
)
GROUP BY WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYSSN, WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYLCL, WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM.EMP1ST, WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM.EMPMID, WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM.EMPLST, WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM.EMPSUF
ORDER BY WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM.EMPLST, WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM.EMP1ST;

Here is the query qryCertifiedTruckDriversAllLocalsSSNOnly:

SELECT WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYSSN
FROM WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY INNER JOIN WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM ON WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYSSN=WGMAPROD_EMPLOYM.EMPSSN
WHERE (((WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYLCL) IN (24,28)) AND ((WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYOCC) In (122,124,321)) AND ((WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYTDT) Between 20061001 And 20070930))
GROUP BY WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYSSN;

If I try to run the top query as it is I am prompted for a parameter of qryCertifiedTruckDriversAllLocalsSSNOnly. I know that there is a way to use the query like I have it above.

I have tried to insert the SQL from the second query into the first but it goes on forever.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:04
I think the correct syntax would be:

AND WGMAHIST_TIMEDTY.TDYSSN IN (SELECT TDYSSN FROM qryCertifiedTruckDriversAllLocalsSSNOnly)

But you could probably join them and get better performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom