How to Disable a button on a form (1 Viewer)

tvman5683

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:46
Hello,
Is there a way to disable a form button at a fixed time every day?
I want to prevent multiple users from creating activity past 3:00 PM each day.

Thanks
JB

cyanidem

Nieóhfytny jaszczomp
Local time
Today, 21:46
Create a timer on the form. Then in OnTimer event:
Code:
If Hour(Now) > 14 Then
        YourButton.Enabled = False
    End If
Your Timer can have interval of 1 minute unless you want to be more precise then set it to 5 seconds or even 1. Up to you.

tvman5683

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, I will give it a try today and let you know if it worked out.

tvman5683

Registered User.
Local time
Tried adding the code to the On Timer property but had no affect on the button.

Private Sub Form_Timer()
If Hour(Now) > 10 Then
[Append to Daily].Enabled = False
End If
End Sub

cyanidem

Nieóhfytny jaszczomp
Local time
Today, 21:46
You need to set timer interval as well. In properties window for the form, on the Event tab - Timer Interval, it's in miliseconds so 1000 means 1s.
Also I'd avoid spaces and special characters in object/control names, that's asking for trouble. Maybe change name of the button to: btAppendToDaily? And reference to it Me.btAppendToDaily.Enabled.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If it is a bound form, put your test in the Form_Current routine. You can also do this a different way... put it in the {control}_Click routine to test the time and pop up a message box when outside of the approved hours. By the way, you might want to do that test just a little different. Let's say your approved update hours are 0700 to 1500 (military, of course).

Do the test where Hour(Now) >= 7 and Hour(Now) < 15. If you fail the test (i.e. outside the hours in question), do a message box but don't necessarily disable the button. Just make the code jump to the control_Click_Exit label that is normally built by the wizard.

tvman5683

Registered User.
Local time
This did work and set the interval to 10000. Probably will increase to 60000 for a 10 minute check period.
Thanks for the help!

JB

Private Sub Form_Timer()
If Time >= TimeValue("10:35") Then
Append_to_Daily.Enabled = False
End If
End Sub

tvman5683

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the suggestion Doc_Man. I'm going to try it also to see which is better. I like the idea of the message but I am afraid if the button is not disabled some will still try to use the function. (which creates a problem in the external process we have that captures the data we are exporting with the button)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom