How to display a query parameter result in report header (1 Viewer)

ashkjohnson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:59
Hello,
I am working on making a report header more descriptive for a user. I have a report that was built from a query. In that query I had set parameters for the user to define results.I want the user to have record of the criteria used when using the report. The criteria are:

Like "*" & [For which Licensee?] & "*"
Between [Start Date] And [End Date]

What do I do to have the result of each parameter display on the report?

Many Thanks in advance!

-
Ashley

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:59
Hi Ashley. On the report, you could add a textbox and in the Control Source, you can use the same parameter. For example: [Start Date]

ashkjohnson

Registered User.
Local time
Hi DBguy!
Thanks so much for the quick response. Your suggestion worked flawlessly for the dates!I entered =[Start Date] And =[End Date] into the controls of 2 textboxes.

But, this works for the other parameter, but with an additional user step:
For this criteria: Like "*" & [For which Licensee?] & "*"
I entered =[For which Licensee?] into the control source of a text box.
A duplicate parameter box is prompted, requiring the user to enter the name (Licensee) twice. This does not happen with the dates. I would prefer that the user not enter the name (licensee) twice.

I should mention that there are several table relationships within the query. I am thinking this may have something to do with it. The "Licensee" pulls from a value in a table. Do you think that may be the problem?

Thanks again!!!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi DBguy!
Thanks so much for the quick response. Your suggestion worked flawlessly for the dates!I entered =[Start Date] And =[End Date] into the controls of 2 textboxes.

But, this works for the other parameter, but with an additional user step:
For this criteria: Like "*" & [For which Licensee?] & "*"
I entered =[For which Licensee?] into the control source of a text box.
A duplicate parameter box is prompted, requiring the user to enter the name (Licensee) twice. This does not happen with the dates. I would prefer that the user not enter the name (licensee) twice.

I should mention that there are several table relationships within the query. I am thinking this may have something to do with it. The "Licensee" pulls from a value in a table. Do you think that may be the problem?

Thanks again!!!
Hi. My first reaction is to double check the spelling between the parameter used in the query and the one you used in the report. Make sure they match exactly.

ashkjohnson

Registered User.
Local time
Oh my goodness, I totally missed that! You were correct, the texts were not identical. theDBguy you are the best!
This made my Friday!

MAHALO!,
Ashley

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Oh my goodness, I totally missed that! You were correct, the texts were not identical. theDBguy you are the best!
This made my Friday!

MAHALO!,
Ashley
Hi Ashley. You're welcome. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom