Solved How to get rid of "Save to SharePoint Site" prompt? (1 Viewer)

mistyinca1970

Local time
Yesterday, 18:29
I cannot find a way to get rid of this prompt. Of all my databases, this is the only one that has this prompt. I want to get rid of this before distributing the FrontEnd.

Thank you,

sharepoint.PNG

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Sounds like you must have somehow, at one point, connected or published your db to a SharePoint site. Is this correct? If so, is it still necessary? If not, you might try importing all your objects into a new blank database container/file.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Do not host your FE database file on a Sharepoint site..

mistyinca1970

Local time
Sounds like you must have somehow, at one point, connected or published your db to a SharePoint site. Is this correct? If so, is it still necessary? If not, you might try importing all your objects into a new blank database container/file.
I don't recall, but it is possible that I may have originally thought this would be the way to do this when I first started this project over a year ago.

How would I import into a new blank database? Build a new database file, then just import everything one by one, or is there a way to do it all at once?

Thank you,

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
How would I import into a new blank database? Build a new database file, then just import everything one by one, or is there a way to do it all at once?
Yes, create a blank database file, open it and go to External Data > New Data Source > From Database > Access. Locate your original db and click OK. You can import your objects all at once.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I don't recall, but it is possible that I may have originally thought this would be the way to do this when I first started this project over a year ago.

Thank you,
You might actually be able to go to the Menu and Save As > Save Database As > , then save it to your local machine. If you find this is possible, it may be easier than doing the import all objects method. Only because import all objects sometimes leaves plenty of work still to be done, whereas Save Database As leaves zero work to be done

mistyinca1970

Local time
You might actually be able to go to the Menu and Save As > Save Database As > , then save it to your local machine. If you find this is possible, it may be easier than doing the import all objects method. Only because import all objects sometimes leaves plenty of work still to be done, whereas Save Database As leaves zero work to be done
The database is saved here locally on my c: drive. What other work is there to do with the import? Relationships? Anything else?

Thank you,

mistyinca1970

Local time
Yes, create a blank database file, open it and go to External Data > New Data Source > From Database > Access. Locate your original db and click OK. You can import your objects all at once.
Thank you! This worked! (Just checking to see if everything works the same now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom