How to Hide Duplicates in a Query for Just One Field (1 Viewer)

HansSteyn

Local time
Today, 19:39
Hi All

Many offers can be made to sell a specific vehicle (which has only one stock number - let's say filed INVSTOCKNR is 9750) but at the end of the day that stock number can only be sold once. I have to make a monthly Police Acquisition Register report. So if there were 3 offers made on stock number 9750 I need to hide 2 since this stock number was only purchased from one seller/supplier. I need to do this in a query which have multiple fields including field INVSTOCKNR where the duplication takes place. I have, so far, not used SQL queries. Any suggestions out there? Thanks

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:39
how do you determine when it is sold? do you have a selling date?
you try to google Total query:

select invstocknr, First(anotherField), First(yetanotherfield) from yourTable group by invstocknr;

if you have sellingDate, you can use it:

select invstocknr, anotherfield, yetanotherfield from yourTable where Not sellingDate Is Null;

HansSteyn

Local time
Today, 19:39
There is a status field called InvStatus and in the query the criteria for this field is <>"FINAL INVOICE". I know what you mean by the sellingDate but that is unfortunately not available since the same field is used for the offers, so I need to hide the 2 offers.

arnelgp

Local time
"FINAL INVOICE" means this is the one record you want to retrieve?

select * from yourTable where InvStatus = "FINAL INVOICE"

arnelgp

Local time
the sample query i showed will output only the sold one (1 record per invstocknr).

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:39
Your problem is that you are retrofitting functions into a DB lacking the fields necessary to support your requirements.

If you don't have a field that says "This offer resulted in a sale" (i.e. a Y/N checkbox would suffice) then it sounds like you don't have what you need to make the report you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom